Kellogg's company on strike............

Help Support CattleToday:

jltrent

Reaction score
The dispute involves an assortment of pay and benefit issues such as the loss of premium health care, holiday and vacation pay, and a reduction in retirement benefits.

"The company continues to threaten to send additional jobs to Mexico if workers do not accept outrageous proposals that take away protections that workers have had for decades," said Anthony Shelton, president of the Bakery, Confectionary, Tobacco Workers and Grain Millers International Union.

The dispute involves an assortment of pay and benefit issues such as the loss of premium health care, holiday and vacation pay, and a reduction in retirement benefits.

"The company continues to threaten to send additional jobs to Mexico if workers do not accept outrageous proposals that take away protections that workers have had for decades," said Anthony Shelton, president of the Bakery, Confectionary, Tobacco Workers and Grain Millers International Union.

When I voted democrat they protected Americans and the workers, today the communist could care less.
Capitalism is work or starve, communism is work and starve. Democrats are driving us there as fast as they can.

Two basic questions.

Do we allow global trade and labor mobility?
Do we accept lower US wages and benefits to compete with offshore labor?

I don't see any other considerations.

I do see politicians' lies as politicians claim to protect American workers, while facilitating jobs moving offshore.

No one wins in a strike. Just like flying off the handle and punching your neighbor for some odd reason. No win situations.

With that said, they could lose everything if the company moves South. That is a personal decision I hope to never have to make for me or my family.

I think American companies are taking advantage of offshore building and not paying import tax bringing in the product which if they had to pay when bringing in the product(s) it would offset the cheaper pay for workers they think they are getting.

It is here, they just want to define it and label us as serfs.
Problem is when you get such a huge disparity between the classes is that it ends badly for everyone. I don't want to sound like a liberal but "income inequality" is a real issue. Would like to see members of Congress sign up for Obama Care.

No one wins in a strike. Just like flying off the handle and punching your neighbor for some odd reason. No win situations.

With that said, they could lose everything if the company moves South. That is a personal decision I hope to never have to make for me or my family.

I think American companies are taking advantage of offshore building and not paying import tax bringing in the product which if they had to pay when bringing in the product(s) it would offset the cheaper pay for workers they think they are getting.
No one wins in a strike.
Wrong- labor bosses and politicians come out $s ahead.

We will ship our corn to China and they will ship back flakes at a fraction of the cost to do it here.

Latest posts