Kel Tec 22 mag

Help Support CattleToday:

From the few people that I have talked to that had any of the KelTecs they seem to be about 50:50. There is no middle gorund it seems, they either love it or hate it, but that's only about a half dozen or so poeple and that's from the 32 through the 9mm

Well thats not good. I was kinda leary wanted to get some feed back. For some reason no one can seem to sucessfully make a 22 mag auto. My favorite 22 mag is a Taurus Model 72 pump in stainless I have a Henry and Marlin as well. That has been my ranch rifle of choice. I have one at the front and back door and my pump stays on the mule. Very good round for dispatching varmits.

I had a Kel Tec 380 a couple of years ago, and I liked it fine. They are good cheap functional guns, and I would buy one again. I only sold it bc it was too small to hold on to. As far as rifles go, I have a Ruger M-77 Mark II in a 25-06 that is awesome. It will smoke just about anything at 300 yrds. If I use a 90 grain bullet, I only get about a 2" drop at 300 yards. Really good rifles IMO, and I believe they make a 22 Mag auto, but in the 10/22, which is also a sweet little gun.

This is a good chart for comparing the larger calibers.

http://www.whitetaildeer-management-and ... table.html

I have one in .380 and like it for what it is. A belly gun with an effective range od 10feet. The only downside is they are small. Mine has an extension on the magazine which helps. I would love to have one in 22mag. At least it would be cheap to shoot.

Kel tec makes decent weapons for a good price. They aren't the best looking, but there haven't been a bunch of complaints on being functional. The factory is about 40 miles from me in Cocoa fl. Their customer service is supposed to be incredible.

Caustic Burno":21wbfif4 said:
Well thats not good. I was kinda leary wanted to get some feed back. For some reason no one can seem to sucessfully make a 22 mag auto. My favorite 22 mag is a Taurus Model 72 pump in stainless I have a Henry and Marlin as well. That has been my ranch rifle of choice. I have one at the front and back door and my pump stays on the mule. Very good round for dispatching varmits.
See if you can locate one of the AMT 22 mags. They were really solid pistols.
Here's one:
http://www.auctionarms.com/search/displ ... m=10151491

dun":6z69h9xy said:
Caustic Burno":6z69h9xy said:
Here's one:

Good looking gun I will have to watch Auction Arms see if I can pick one up reasonable.
All of my pistols are Ruger or Colt except one Hi Point 9 that I keep on the mule. Cheap gun in price but is shoots everytime and never hangs up. Gets dirty wash it out with a water hose spray it down with WD 40 and its good to go, it is butt ugly. Can't say that about the Smiths I owned never owned one in an auto that wouldn't fail to eject or stovepipe.

Caustic Burno":1glcn7sl said:
dun":1glcn7sl said:
Caustic Burno":1glcn7sl said:
Here's one:

Good looking gun I will have to watch Auction Arms see if I can pick one up reasonable.
All of my pistols are Ruger or Colt except one Hi Point 9 that I keep on the mule. Cheap gun in price but is shoots everytime and never hangs up. Gets dirty wash it out with a water hose spray it down with WD 40 and its good to go, it is butt ugly. Can't say that about the Smiths I owned never owned one in an auto that wouldn't fail to eject or stovepipe.
I've got a little AMT auto that I've had for years. When we took out CCW training they had severla small autos for people to try to qualify with. They had problems with 2 of the 3 so they ended up using mine as one of the loaners. I hadsn;t cleaned it an a couple of years and it hung up once so I squirted it down with ED40 and it went back to working perfect. I'll admit I'm really a wheel gun guy but that little auto just drops in my pocket and is SOOOOOOO handy. Also makes short work of dillers as I found out today.

NAA is bringing out a top break 22 mag that looks to be a good pocket pistol, also Ruger is coming out with a pocket 9. I am with you on wheel guns prefer a 44. For concealed carry I carry a Colt detective in 38.
That is the problem with most wheel guns is they are harder to conceal.

Caustic Burno":3b61ydbp said:
NAA is bringing out a top break 22 mag that looks to be a good pocket pistol, also Ruger is coming out with a pocket 9. I am with you on wheel guns prefer a 44. For concealed carry I carry a Colt detective in 38.
My civilized carry piece is a a 642, just doesn;t drop into the pocket as easy as the AMT for just knocking around the farm

dun":1tmxnuvs said:
Caustic Burno":1tmxnuvs said:
My civilized carry piece is a a 642, just doesn;t drop into the pocket as easy as the AMT for just knocking around the farm

The problem with the Colt I carry is I can hit a milk jug with it thats about it. Got a Colt SA in 44 special that I can stack on top of each other. Just hard to tote a 1873 Peacemaker and conceal one weren't made for that.

Caustic Burno":npwmgq7t said:
dun":npwmgq7t said:
Caustic Burno":npwmgq7t said:

The problem with the Colt I carry is I can hit a milk jug with it thats about it. Got a Colt SA in 44 special that I can stack on top of each other. Just hard to tote a 1873 Peacemaker and conceal one weren't made for that.
I cheated and put crimson trace grips on the 642. It just doesn;t have the feel to point shoot like my old Security Six but that thing weighs a ton and is bulky besides.

tripleBfarms":qvd4akv4 said:
Caustic, sounds like you have an arsenal on that mule. :lol2: This is what I have for concealed carry. Its small with a lot of punch. Its one of the smallest 45's you can buy.

http://www.centerfireguns.com/bersa-thu ... 45cmp.html

I do between hog's ,dog's,yote's and feral cat's . The minute you leave the house without one they are everywhere. Dang cat's and yotes are pure heck on the chickens. Between the jenny and I the dogs and yotes get worked over pretty well. The hogs are the dilema.
What really PO's me is the people dumping the cats then I am left to deal with them. We have a large feral population they are just as wild as any bobcat.

tripleBfarms":168atvhk said:
Really good rifles IMO, and I believe they make a 22 Mag auto, but in the 10/22, which is also a sweet little gun.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the 10/22 Magnum was taken out of production because of reliability issues regarding extraction. I'd love to have one, and there's a used one sitting in the gun shop down the road. Trouble is they want 800 or 900 bucks for it!

I've been fondling the little S&W Bodyguard 380's lately, never cared much for a semi-auto but I like the feel and concealability of it. They really dropped the ball concerning the switch placement for the laser in my opinion.

cfpinz":37ynwi13 said:
tripleBfarms":37ynwi13 said:
Really good rifles IMO, and I believe they make a 22 Mag auto, but in the 10/22, which is also a sweet little gun.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the 10/22 Magnum was taken out of production because of reliability issues regarding extraction. I'd love to have one, and there's a used one sitting in the gun shop down the road. Trouble is they want 800 or 900 bucks for it!

I've been fondling the little S&W Bodyguard 380's lately, never cared much for a semi-auto but I like the feel and concealability of it. They really dropped the ball concerning the switch placement for the laser in my opinion.
When I've looked at and handled the newer compacts I couldn;t help but wonder where you put in the roll of caps

I got to where I quit carrying,I would forget I had it on me and find myself in places where guns were not alowed.Still have the CHL but hardly carry,except when out in the woods and fields.Got attacked by a hog one time and was glad for the 45.At any giving time you will find a handgun and a rifle in my truck though.I usally alternate between a 22 Savage bolt 22 Mag or a 22hornet savage bolt.
When I carried all time I carried a little 9.18 Makarov auto feed with hollow point.Love that little gun.Easy concealed and not real heavy.
Like CB said what with all the varmits around here and the feral hogs it' just makes sense to have a gun with you.

Cal

My son bought a Kel Tec 32 and its only good for one shot, hangs up every time. Its a piece of junk.

I bought the wife a Keltec PF-9 for Christmas. It is supposed to be the thinnest and lightest 9mm made and I believe it. VERY concealable. It comes with a pinky extension for the magazine. We have only put a couple hundred rounds through it so I can't judge the reliability yet. No jams so far. Fairly accurate for what it is. It will hit an 8" pie plate consistantly at 15 yards. I bought her a Hogue slip on grip because the recoil is pretty stout on it because of it's light weight. The grip cover tones down the bite from the checkering impressed into the molded grips. The price was also decent.

Latest posts