Keeping your pants dry

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
Came up with a good tip today on how to keep your pants dry.

When spraying with a solo backpack sprayer in tall grass it is important to remember that snakes don't actually hiss like they do on cartoons or in the land of Disney. Nearly empty Solo backpack sprayers however do hiss. Sounds much like the hiss in the world of Disney. Too much so, I might add. Its also a good thing to turn off the electric fence charger when you are spraying around an electric fence. Especially one capable of charging about 50 miles of fence. Especially if your back is to it and you hear a snake hiss at you. All this may seem like a lot of frivalous information but I assure you its not.

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: Did you come out of those overhauls Joe or just destroy them completely trying to get out. :hide:

Just hang them on the fence and hose them off. Remember that a snake has a hard time moving fast on a greasy track.

TexasBred":3memerig said:
:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: Did you come out of those overhauls Joe or just destroy them completely trying to get out. :hide:

I don't know. It all happened so fast. Does television really condition us so well to think that snakes hiss? As for the bite. 50,000 volts I think hurts worst than a snake bite. What was I thinking? :???:

Wish Jogee would keep that game camera set on video so we might have had a good laugh replaying this event. :lol2: :lol: :lol2: Joe you might be able to salvage those boots.

The same of it all is that within 10 minutes of my hearing the snake a thunderstorm popped up and put about an inch on the ground in less than 20 minutes so it all probably for nought! :bang: :bang:

Don't really need to join a gym to get your heart rate up in this business........just saying. Ask the dog
what his went up too after we had a blow out going up a hill at 75 mph today......

Your no kidding there. Always something. Started the morning off with a calf on the highway at 4:30a.m. Knee deep grass on both sides of the fence. :???: All I can assume is the calf wanted to walk to town. :bang:

Jogeephus":1bijliod said:
Your no kidding there. Always something. Started the morning off with a calf on the highway at 4:30a.m. Knee deep grass on both sides of the fence. :???: All I can assume is the calf wanted to walk to town. :bang:

It must've heard about the Chick Fil A thing & wanted to help with the "Eat More Chicken" campaign :tiphat:

Jogeephus":2a1glt5x said:
TexasBred":2a1glt5x said:

I don't know. It all happened so fast. Does television really condition us so well to think that snakes hiss? As for the bite. 50,000 volts I think hurts worst than a snake bite. What was I thinking? :???:
I disagree. I have been hit by lightning. (age 15) I have been hit with 440 3 ph in an aircraft hangar (age 23) I've touched numerous elec fences--even unknowingly and foolishly peed on one when I was a kid--on a dare. I have been snake bit (2010). I've been shot at, shot down and shot up. The snake bite was by far, the worst.

No--sserpentss do not hisssssssssssssssss.

greybeard":2igo514r said:
Jogeephus":2igo514r said:
TexasBred":2igo514r said:

I disagree. I have been hit by lightning. (age 15) I have been hit with 440 3 ph in an aircraft hangar (age 23) I've touched numerous elec fences--even unknowingly and foolishly peed on one when I was a kid--on a dare. I have been snake bit (2010). I've been shot at, shot down and shot up. The snake bite was by far, the worst.

No--sserpentss do not hisssssssssssssssss.
Is your nickname "Lucky"?

With the exception of the 3-phase and airplanes, we've shared some of the same things. Hey, when you were hit by lightning did it feel like your whole body was short circuitted? I was engulfed in a bolt while in the rafters of the barn and I felt like I was in the Twilight Zone for a few minutes. :lol2:

I was also hit once.
thunderstorm and I was in the shop making ear tags for new calves...we had a square water heater that sort of looked like a washing machine and had a flat top and that was where I marked tags daily. I had my hand on the heater and was touching it with my knee as I leaned against it. Lightening came in on the power line and blew every circuit in the building and knocked me across the shop....

Latest posts