Justin Boots

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
Always loved a good pair of boots and wear them everyday.
6 months ago I bought me a new pair of Justin ropers and I absolutely love them. On sale $145.
Most of the leather on the boot is really nice but top cording and the sole of the boot just doesn't hold up.
I'm really good to my boots, if I'm going to be in the mud I wear muck Boots.
I've had this pair of ropers since July after breaking them in I've worn them I believe everyday.
I was in horsetown in Marietta Georgia today buying a pair of replacement boots and the lady that work there ask what I was doing and I said I needed a pair to replace these Justin's.
I showed her the hole told her that I'd bought them there 6 months ago, she couldn't believe it.
She took the boots to the manager because she was going to try to help even though I didn't ask I just wanted to buy a pair of boots.
When she came back she told me that the manager told her that it was just normal wear and tear and.....that he had worn out a pair of leather soled boots in one day.
Sometimes people should just keep their mouth shut because now I was insulted....I'm glad I wasn't in front of the manager when he said that.
Probably a good chance manager was some dude in skinny jeans wearing a man bun.
Justin boots just ain't what they used to be.

Attachments

• IMG_20211205_155210037_HDR.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 34
  • IMG_20211205_155153661.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 27
I have worn Justin boots for years. I have never had a pair do that. I wear them until the leather falls apart but have never worn out a sole

I wear Justin bent rails. They are very lightweight and have a thin smooth leather sole. I like that and they are comfortable to me. That said, they are garbage. Last about 3 months average.

Name brand boot's don't mean much anymore. The quailty of name brand boots started going away in the mid 80's.

Brands like Justin, Red Wing, Wolverine etc...., kept selling them for alot of year's even after the manufacturer started making and selling them as cheap made poor quality. Because it took a while for consumers to learn they were being taken advantage of.

Consumers were buying them because of the reputation thoes name brand boots had for being good quality boots.

The only quailty brand foot wear that I know of that still exist are Danner. But they my do like the company that made Red Wing foot wear. That would be to sell a cheap made version that is made overseas and a orginal made version made probably in the U.S

Good chance Red Wing is a 100 % poor quailty made boot now though.

Cheap leather.
Maybe they ain't makin cows like they used to.... ?

(Haven't worn Justins since high school. T Lamas for me for the last 40-50 years)

I would find a new place to buy boots if someone told me they wore out their own brand of boots in one day.
Probably don't use leather period.

I looked up Horsetown not realizing it was a Cavenders store. Hard to believe that the management is that bad. I considered stopping there recently but guess I will mark that location off my list

Leather is for the top of the boot not the sole. They are slick and dont hold up well. If you are in the saddle all day they may be ok but wouldnt last a month on my feet. Lucky to get 6 months out of any pair of boots. As has already been said shoe quality as a whole regardless of brand has hit the crapper. You find a style you love and the next pair you order doesnt fit anywhere near the same or hold up for crap.

I had an elderly Aunt Lilly that didn't get out very often. She was getting ready to go to a Funeral and the sole of one of her Aigner dress shoes fell off. She told her niece about it and that she had only worn that pair of shoes 4 times. The niece said that she should return them. So, the following week, they go to the store where she said she bought them (Lilly couldn't drive). The manager said that he did not see how she could have bought them there since their store had not sold the Aigner brand in over 25 years. My aunt looked at him and said that sounded about right, she had bought them about 25 years ago but this was only the 4th time she had worn them........

Leather is for the top of the boot not the sole. They are slick and dont hold up well. If you are in the saddle all day they may be ok but wouldnt last a month on my feet. Lucky to get 6 months out of any pair of boots. As has already been said shoe quality as a whole regardless of brand has hit the crapper. You find a style you love and the next pair you order doesnt fit anywhere near the same or hold up for crap.
I don't know if Danner makes western style boots but, if i of known about them years ago. They would have been my number 1 work boot way back before now.

I have yet to wear a pair of them out. And i don't baby them. Mud, water, welding you name it. They don't wear out.

A boot made like that would probably be able to be resoled for reasonable cost. Trouble is there are not many Cobbler's around these days with our throw away world.

Ken
I've got boots I've had resoled many times. Now they are sitting with worn out soles again because the cobbler retired. Seems like I used to pay about $60 to have it done.

My feet are long and narrow and I have problems finding boots that fit correctly. I have a pair of Justins B width boots that fit good and they are my Sunday go to meeting boots. When the weather and ground are dry, I wear thes in a size 13B.

They are expensive but last pretty good and are made with Gortex so you stay dry if you step in a mudhole. They are my daily drivers.

Those leather soles just don't hold up long. I have a pair of Hondo Buckaroo's that I bought last spring that I wore a hole in already. I am having new soles put on; they should be done soon.

Tried Justin and they were torture on my feet and ankles.. ariat is the only way to go.. durable and very comfortable

Latest posts