Justi-fly

Help Support CattleToday:

Ky cowboy

Reaction score
I've seen this stuff for a while now. Just watched American rancher and they had a segment on it. Anyone on here use it before? I found it on Amazon for around $15 I think, one pack to 50lbs of mineral. It had good reviews on Amazon but I have a hard time trusting that. Thanks

I know nothing about it as I've not seen any around here. Most fly control minerals contain Altosid a proven product. Don't have a current cost on it but mixing rate is 1/4 lb. of 2% Altosid to one bag of mineral.

The stuff is excellent, I buy off of Amazon. A 6 pack cost 86 dollars shipped. I don't know about your cows, but mine don't eat a lot of minerals in the summer time, so I mix it in with a little feed to make sure they are getting it. You are a little late on your timing. I start feeding it about the 1st of March, it takes a little time to make it effective.

I've been feeding mineral with fly control for about 5 -6 weeks now. Just seen this stuff and thought I'd get real life experiences with it.

Ky cowboy":3kiwpnnw said:
I've been feeding mineral with fly control for about 5 -6 weeks now. Just seen this stuff and thought I'd get real life experiences with it.
Ky it's a pass through product just like the IGR the feed companies use so you'll probably get good results. Only thing I notice (not that it matters) is that we can buy this from a farm supply catalog and Altosid takes an act of congress to qualify to buy it and mix it at the 2% concentration.

TexasBred":30hixqzm said:
Ky cowboy":30hixqzm said:
Ky it's a pass through product just like the IGR the feed companies use so you'll probably get good results. Only thing I notice (not that it matters) is that we can buy this from a farm supply catalog and Altosid takes an act of congress to qualify to buy it and mix it at the 2% concentration.
Sorry, I am late to this discussion. Based on what you said, I assume Altosid can't be purchased on the open market?

sstterry":258a8z5s said:
TexasBred":258a8z5s said:
Ky cowboy":258a8z5s said:
Sorry, I am late to this discussion. Based on what you said, I assume Altosid can't be purchased on the open market?
Not that I'm aware of but if you have a working relationship with a feed mill they would probably sell it to you.

TexasBred":v4xalato said:
sstterry":v4xalato said:
TexasBred":v4xalato said:
Not that I'm aware of but if you have a working relationship with a feed mill they would probably sell it to you.

Thanks, I am weighing the cost benefit of mixing it myself or simply buying it pre-mixed.