Just wondering some more

Help Support CattleToday:

Would you test the water first before spending thousands of dollars?

• Yes, I'd test

Votes: 20 90.9%
  • No, I'd build everything then test

Votes: 2 9.1%

• Total voters

Jogeephus

Reaction score
If you were going to dig a deep well for a water supply for human consumption would you test the water first before spending thousands of dollars to construct a pressure tank or would you just go ahead and build the tank and hope the water was fit for human consumption?

What do the other wells in close proximity test out as? Has there ever been a bad well?

Driller had a grid with every well he had drilled in my area. Black dots, red dots, yellow dots and blue dots. Black dots were high sulfur content etc. All the water was okay for consumption. You might need to hold your nose or pay to go to a deeper sand.

If there were bad wells around me, I would think twice before investing in extra expenses.

I had to go with the second option because that does indeed sound like something I would do. Especially since here where I'm at all of our groundwater is good.

M-5":13bgote2 said:
I thought the only requirement was that it be wet.

Oh I have comments Dash 5. I have comments. Since this is a family forum and Macon is such a nice dude, I am biting my tongue - and it hurts.

backhoeboogie":8j403lda said:
M-5":8j403lda said:
I thought the only requirement was that it be wet.

Oh I have comments Dash 5. I have comments. Since this is a family forum and Macon is such a nice dude, I am biting my tongue - and it hurts.

Bhb apparently I struck a nerve. I know the government came around back in the 80s and installed these filters on some wells around. None here. I have drank out of most all the wells within 5 miles of my house. Some of them are better tasting but agian when I drank it I only wanted it to bet wet and cool.

backhoeboogie":1mygimvp said:
What do the other wells in close proximity test out as? Has there ever been a bad well?

Polluted. This well is to replace the polluted one.

Can't you filter and ultraviolet light just about anything out??
I have put those in on my OR property and drank some pretty raunchy water.
Maybe that's what's wrong with me! :shock:

The pollutant in this case is arsenic. DotGov just spent a pile of our tax dollars building a tower before testing the water from the well. This may be why they find it necessary to fine you for doing something stupid like having a plastic certified gasoline container in the back of your truck.

lmbrsn":3iiopd25 said:
You can get rid of the Arsenic, with ionic exchange.
I do it in my well

Some private wells in that area use a treatment system like yours I've heard. Don't know why they can't do something to fix this after spending all the money for the well and water tower and all but its been scrapped and sitting idle. I talked to a guy who does water for a living and he said the amount of arsenic is negligible but it exceeds some threshold so its just shut down. Just seems to me they would have done a test before pouring all the money into this thing.

This sounds exactly like what our town would do!

They built a water pumphouse and filtration plant before surveying it right... turns out it's on indian land... it's not the only example of the idiocy of this council

Though I hate seeing tax dollars wasted I do find it humorous when one arm of the government runs into issues with another arm of the government and then they get to see first hand why people bytch about all these regulations. Its just too complicated. Just too many people you have to talk to and get permission from. They were going to put a telephone tower on my property and were going to have to pay the historic, indian folks, and habitat folks all $20,000 each so they could permit the tower to be sure it didn't sit on some special site. All this was for nought because the FAA wouldn't allow it because I'm too close to an airport. An airport that has three planes and just got $5 million from Homeland Security for some nonsense. Way I see it, someone owes me some money for costing me the rent from the tower. If I were black I'd be screaming discrimination but unfortunately I'm white and that so called white privilege won't buy you a stick of gum ...contrary to what the reverends say.

Latest posts