Just keeps rainin!!!

Help Support CattleToday:

Pickles Dillman

Reaction score
I actually have grass in places that I have never seen a detectable amount of grass before! Sure gettin a lot of lame cows though! GRRRR!!!!

I hear ya. It's been a tough year to put up quality hay that is for sure. I'm happy that we were able to finish chopping silage, it will be a while before I will be able to drive across the fields with the 2-1/2" we got last night.

Don't complain you guys! Don't you remember the past couple of years and how early you had to start hay? Also remember, that ground will be frozen solid TOOO soon.

Some folks have all the luck. Rain coats have been on sale here for the last 6 months, can't give em away.

MistyMorning":1yi3w2t7 said:
Don't complain you guys! Don't you remember the past couple of years and how early you had to start hay? Also remember, that ground will be frozen solid TOOO soon.

MM have you folks had a killing frost yet? We froze pretty good 10 days ago. That was 3 weeks earlier than the last 3 or 4 years.

3waycross":1u2cyd9n said:
MM have you folks had a killing frost yet? We froze pretty good 10 days ago. That was 3 weeks earlier than the last 3 or 4 years.

Wow three weeks early?!!?! No. we haven't had a hard frost yet, just patchy stuff.

ChrisB":1zvyiq9z said:
I hear ya. It's been a tough year to put up quality hay that is for sure. I'm happy that we were able to finish chopping silage, it will be a while before I will be able to drive across the fields with the 2-1/2" we got last night.
Ya, this year we had lots of hay but couldn't put it up as it would rot before it dried. Last 5 years hasn't been any hay to put up. Can't decide which is more frustrating.

They were just getting ready to start corn silage (already really late but can't get in the fields) and we just got another 3.5" and still rising. Some around here got over 7". Neighbor has been putting up silage by pulling the trucks through with tractors.

Hate to complain as it can go the other way just as quick. But complaining is all I can do about it. :mrgreen: