Just for the record

Help Support CattleToday:

backhoeboogie

Reaction score
Confederate forces fired upon Fort Sumter April 12, 1861.

The Emancipation Proclamation was issued January 1, 1863.

That was over 150 years ago.

I lost many ancestors in that battle who did not own slaves. 7 brothers from one family perished "KIA Civil War" and their father had been an endentured servant.

Believe anything you choose. That is your right.

Oh he77 some people get PO'd when the mexicans in the state want to fly their flag too. It did use to be part of their country afterall and most of the "Texicans" in the war for independence were also mexican citizens so I guess that was only a "civil war" too.

Arkansas, you may want to reread those history books.

edit: wise choice to delete that comment, I think might have caused a riot.

TexasBred":72s4rq99 said:
Oh he77 some people get PO'd when the mexicans in the state want to fly their flag too. It did use to be part of their country afterall and most of the "Texicans" in the war for independence were also mexican citizens so I guess that was only a "civil war" too.

Yep. A whole passel of mine swore allegiance. Truth never hurts. Or does it TB? :lol:

CottageFarm":p5xt9aqz said:
Arkansas, you may want to reread those history books.

edit: wise choice to delete that comment, I think might have caused a riot.

Yeah I realized there was 3 owners not 2..lol I knew the French and Spainards were owners, didnt know Mexico was! Learn something new everyday.

backhoeboogie":3qlll6pc said:
TexasBred":3qlll6pc said:

Yep. A whole passel of mine swore allegiance. Truth never hurts. Or does it TB? :lol:

It sure was a Civil War. Texican's and Tejano's were fighting side by side.
Had ancestor's die standing the wall at the Alamo .
I hear many a person use Mexican as a slur or derogatory remark we were one in the same.

backhoeboogie":3uvorfff said:
TexasBred":3uvorfff said:

Never hurt me...how bout you?

3waycross":86s9dhp9 said:
backhoeboogie":86s9dhp9 said:
Its been said already

Why not say it in plain English so that the rest of can figure out what you are talking about.
Thanks 3way. I was trying to read between the letters and lines with no success.

3waycross":1h13xgnd said:
backhoeboogie":1h13xgnd said:
Its been said already

Why not say it in plain English so that the rest of can figure out what you are talking about.

When Steve Austin was bringing in settlers, my Acadian ancestors swore allegiance to the Catholic church and Mexico. The truth does not hurt.

I am a direct descendant to a sister of one kid jockey who was put on a fast horse and sent out of the Alamo with messages. He made it through and to Wahington on the Brazos. I had several direct ancestors at San Jacinto. One Peveto ancestor died three days after the battle from wounds sustained there. My family was driving cattle to New Orleans for fifty years before the cattle trails went north out of Texas.

I am also descended from Wes Hardin. He went outlaw as a direct result of the Civil War.

I had family in the Taylor Sutton feud.

Lots of colorful people in my history. The truth does not hurt.

backhoeboogie":7hhzfg6l said:
3waycross":7hhzfg6l said:
backhoeboogie":7hhzfg6l said:
Its been said already

When Steve Austin was bringing in settlers, my Acadian ancestors swore allegiance to the Catholic church and Mexico. The truth does not hurt.

Heck I figured most of those coon asses were already Catholic. Americans were allowed to settle the Texas territory under the conditions that the settlers convert to Catholicism and observe Mexican laws, including the abolition of slavery. About 2 months later it was decided they could keep their slaves.

backhoeboogie":ymj487el said:
I am a direct descendant to a sister of one kid jockey who was put on a fast horse and sent out of the Alamo with messages. He made it through and to Wahington on the Brazos. I had several direct ancestors at San Jacinto. One Peveto ancestor died three days after the battle from wounds sustained there. My family was driving cattle to New Orleans for fifty years before the cattle trails went north out of Texas.

I am also descended from Wes Hardin. He went outlaw as a direct result of the Civil War.

I had family in the Taylor Sutton feud.

Lots of colorful people in my history. The truth does not hurt.

Embarrassing sometimes mine was the sharpshooter at the Alamo that missed Santa Anna.
Micajah Autry one of his letters is on display at the Alamo he wrote home when he had joined up with Crockett.
Micajah is one of the first names engraved in the monument right before you enter the capital.
http://www.texasescapes.com/DEPARTMENTS ... 1BB201.htm

Latest posts