Just bad luck

Help Support CattleToday:

damengineer

Reaction score
In October the Halloween ice storm froze the rain cap up on my D6d and water went down the exhaust and froze the turbo and split the housing. Water alsowent in the transmission due to the trans cooler failing. oil in radiator also. A week earlier my Cat E110 trackhoe caught fire from a rat nest under the fuel tank stripped the wiring and an electrical fire found the fuel leak I had been trying to find for 2 years... now we have a foot of snow and drifts all ove rthe place and my Grader, the one piece of equipment that runs is 70 miles south at my other farm. The friend who was using it caught Covid and is trying to survive. He had a kidney transplant yr ago last Christmas. I spent the day yesteday using the loader on the MTZ.Belarus moving snow. Then switched to the forks to move hay.. The remote control on the feed truck got so cold the remotewoud not work. I brought it inside and take it with me whenI feed. Now the receiver on the feeder will not work due to the cold. I had to pull the wires inside the cab through the back window and short the coupler pins with my pliers while I drove to feed.... Reminds me of the folks childhood winters where they had to walk five miles to shcool uphill both ways.!!!!!!!!! I hope you others have better luck...

When it rains it pours. Maybe you got all your bad luck out of the way at once.

That's some tough luck.
this cold is something we down south haven't seen in decades. My hay spike broke about two inches from the quick connect plate on the loader. I've never seen one just break before.

That is a terrible run of luck. My sister had all her bad luck in one go the other night, two of their sheds went up in a very hot fire. Lost a lot of equipment, all their tools and workshop, chemical shed and fuel tanks. Two trucks, four tractors, excavator plus all implements for tractors and more. They estimate the replacement cost would be around 1 million. Investigator traced it to an exploding battery in a tractor. No idea how he can pin point that but he reckons it is pretty simple, process of elimination.

at least you are handy enough to find ways to make things work. Some people aren't that skillful. Warm weather is right around the corner so stay strong and hang in there.

Latest posts