Just Another day at the office.

Help Support CattleToday:

Beefy

Reaction score
1002121440a.jpg

Ahh jeese! Well, at least its still living.

So.....tell us the procedure you used to extract the little Bozo from its predicament.

Katherine

i filled up the spillway box with wheat straw square bales high enough for him to jump out, coerced him up onto those with a tailpull and used my special cuss word to encourage him to get out. doofus picked the night it rained 3 inches to take a shower under the waterfall too. so he got pummeled with water for most of the night and day until i found him by happenstance. he was in there less than 24 hours but as you can see is pretty drawn up from the ordeal.

Good idea.. those critters never cease to amaze me.. AND pizz me off at the same time!!

yeah it worked out pretty well. the only thing is i couldnt get three of the bales back out that were on the bottom b/c they got waterlogged and were too heavy for me to pick back up, but it has pipes in that spillway box that are large enough for a square bale to fit thru so i could technically pull them out thru the pipes if i wanted but i figure that box will get dry in a few days b/c the other one on the far side of the picture is the original overflow box and is a little lower and lets a little more water escape. and then of course i could always just cut the bales and let it flow out as well. or toss it out bit by bit.
they arent blocking anything the way they are now, so as long as no cows get a hankering for wheat straw i should be ok. lol?

I still can't see why you didn't just jump in there and lift it out. Heck, that would have been like joining Fight Club but with a free membership. :D

Yikes ! Glad you got him out,, how is he doing ? I would be worrying about pneumonia from being in the water that long .

i think he went to get a drink there at the corner, which is a favorite watering spot for some reason. i can easily see another cow coming up and butting him in there or mounting him or something and him not having anywhere else to go b/c of the incline. i would be surprised if he got in there voluntarily. its a pretty deep drop.

Beefy":vv1ddtii said:
i think he went to get a drink there at the corner, which is a favorite watering spot for some reason. i can easily see another cow coming up and butting him in there or mounting him or something and him not having anywhere else to go b/c of the incline. i would be surprised if he got in there voluntarily. its a pretty deep drop.

That would make sense.

Katherine

Latest posts