Just a few pics of things I am (trying) to grow

Help Support CattleToday:

greybeard

Reaction score
Gonna be a good year for roses I think:
gardenfencing2013011.jpg

gardenfencing2013022.jpg

This bush is from a cutting taken from a bush that is in the front of my property at the old house. That bush came from my mother, who got it from my grandmother in the 50s.
gardenfencing2013002.jpg

My "yard art" Wife hates this thing--bucket covers the stump of a tree that was grown up into the mower. I rode this when I was young, pulled behind an 8N cutting corn stalks.
gardenfencing2013012.jpg

My garden, such as it is. Only the corn and tomatos are doing well. Better than the pic taken into the sun shows.
gardenfencing2013006.jpg

Beans and okra barely making it--looks worse than what this pic shows. Too muddy to get in there an do much weed/grass work. These cool nights need to go away.
gardenfencing2013009.jpg

I have about 30 sets of strawberries in different places, most on the far edge of the garden but these 3 have already given us about /2 gal of berries.
gardenfencing2013010.jpg

And my buddy that follows me everywhere I go.
gardenfencing2013025.jpg

Looking OK to me....the rain we had is really helping everything shake off the frost we had week before last. Picked a half buck of green beans this afternoon along with 7 yellow squash and a zucchini. Noticed the corn is beginning to tousle. It and the tomatoes have done the best. Peas look really bad from the frost but I think they will make a comeback.

Jogeephus":1bpl9idd said:
Looking good Greybeard! :tiphat: What do you use the pvc cups near your okra for?
Being an open area in the middle of the woods, we get a LOT of wind when a norther blows thru and that air drops off the top of the forest. I put the PVC around the young okra to keep them from being blown over and breaking.

This, is the worst start to a garden I've had in about 4 years. Everything is doing much much worse than previous years and I didn't do anything different and now--Something has eaten my pumpkin stems from the inside--little bitty black bugs hollowed out the stems and the plant dies--just one punkin plant left and everything except the tamatos seems stunted. It's like everything in the garden is "miniature".
wth is going on with mother nature???

Latest posts