Junk calves

Help Support CattleToday:

I may be way off base, but I think sudex hay is great for settling hard calves. They seem to start straight to eating it. Getting some calories in them, that won't give them scours seems to keep their immune system rolling.

Bigfoot":r47u8bp0 said:
I may be way off base, but I think sudex hay is great for settling hard calves. They seem to start straight to eating it. Getting some calories in them, that won't give them scours seems to keep their immune system rolling.
I have never had the oportunity to try it but I agree that getting them to eat is the start of not being sick. The scours is why I do not feed any feed for the first few days unless its my calves that are already eating from the creap feeder.

just wondering if you guys could post some pictures of some of these hard calves when you get them? Don't knowif I would ever get some that small but would maybe consider it. Just would like to see what I should be looking for, try to learn to see if i could make a little money. Thanks.

midtncattle":wbk4ctmm said:
I been buying 200-250 lbers. I may start going with 300-350 though.

I tend to buy smaller but I will buy anything that looks profitable and will make the trip home

Latest posts