Jumping around

Help Support CattleToday:

IluvABbeef

Reaction score
What is going on? Is it just me or is it something else?

Because, everytime I try to reply with a quote, or after I've copied and paste an article then try to edit or add a little blurb to it, the page starts jumping around....which is REALLY annoying.

I don't mean the whole page, but I mean the text space that I type in on here.

Am I the only one having this problem?

Edit to add: This is the only place I'm having the problem. The other forums/websites are just fine.

Mine is doing that too but I just figured it was due to all the iced tea I spewed over the keyboard and screen after reading Curtis's story about the turpentine. :lol2:

Seriously though, mine does tend to do this is I move in close to the wireless hub. It gets really bouncy then.

Am also having trouble with the pm section. I'll type something and send it only to be informed I'm not signed in. When I sign in the pm is gone. Very frustrating.

Yep, been doing it a while. Short posts work OK. Long ones get crazy. When it starts jumping after starting a new line. If you click on the line it will be stable till it starts a new one. Best I recall it started with or around the upgrade to Explorer8. Only happens on this forum.

Yes it is aggravating to have a post eaten. For some reason I can't rewrite one to be as good as the original.

1982vett":3nfyh222 said:
Yep, been doing it a while. Short posts work OK. Long ones get crazy. When it starts jumping after starting a new line. If you click on the line it will be stable till it starts a new one. Best I recall it started with or around the upgrade to Explorer8. Only happens on this forum.

Yes it is aggravating to have a post eaten. For some reason I can't rewrite one to be as good as the original.

I know what you mean about not being able to rewrite one as good as the original. Its like you use up all your energy and creative thinking on the first one.

Yep, I've been having the same problems. Especially when I type out a long message and get signed out. Luckily I've learned to copy everything before hitting submit. Like everyone else said, the second post/message is never as good as the first.

Jogeephus":ln8pg9f8 said:
Mine is doing that too but I just figured it was due to all the iced tea I spewed over the keyboard and screen after reading Curtis's story about the turpentine. :lol2:

Seriously though, mine does tend to do this is I move in close to the wireless hub. It gets really bouncy then.

Am also having trouble with the pm section. I'll type something and send it only to be informed I'm not signed in. When I sign in the pm is gone. Very frustrating.
I can't sign in from my phone, haven't had any trouble from the house though.

I have occasional problems but it is mainly when I'm composing PM's.

I don't have any trouble writing out a reply...haven't tried the PM yet as no-one has sent me anything recently.

That's exactly what happens to me, Vett.

I may have stumbled onto a fix for the problem. I believe it is related to Explorer8.

In the Explorer tool bar above click on "Tools".

Then click on "Compatability View Settings". Add cattletoday.com to the list.

Latest posts