Joint swelling

Help Support CattleToday:

SilverCharm

Reaction score
I noticed the other day that on the inside side of my mare's front knee was a little swollen. It wasn't sore to the touch and she was walking just fine. She is ridden every other day but she hasn't been doing anything strenuous. She is getting older and is on a supplement that is supposed to promote good joints. Should I try a different supplement? There are so many differnt kinds and I don't really know which one would be the best.

Need more details on the area, does it feel like a water pocket? does she favor it a little? How old is she? What is truly going on? And if it's not broken don't fix it.

Alan

It's soft and spongy right aroung her front knee joint. I haven't noticed her favoring it and she was fine when I rode her. She is almost 16 years old. Should I be worried about it?

SilverCharm":30npvevw said:
It's soft and spongy right aroung her front knee joint. I haven't noticed her favoring it and she was fine when I rode her. She is almost 16 years old. Should I be worried about it?

If she's not lame and you can ride normal I wouldn't worry too much, just keep an eye on it. My opinion.

Alan

Latest posts