John Deere v. Farmers

Help Support CattleToday:

HDRider

Reaction score

John Deere boasted record profits in 2021 and finally struck a deal with striking union workers. But now it has a bigger problem: farmers are revolting against restrictions on how they repair complex equipment.

Starting to see 'pay as you go ' style. Toyota announced a plan, for $8.00 mo. You get to use the remote start on the key fob. Now, before anyone gets 'their dander up' on that, yes, I can live without that, and I'm not a Toyota fan. Just think, what is next? Backup camera? I find that handy as a shirt pocket. Remote lock/unlock? Navigational system? Just that is say, 4 x $8 per month. Roughly $400 yr. For something that you paid for.

I used to work for a company that made landing gear brakes. Airlines paid per landing.

Selling a service has proven more profitable than selling a product.

As I understand it all Tesla cars come with most all the bells and whistles. You pay to unlock the features you want. So your car will have the heated seats, they just won't work unless you pay. I don't think it's a monthly thing in this case though.

John Deere boasted record profits in 2021 and finally struck a deal with striking union workers. But now it has a bigger problem: farmers are revolting against restrictions on how they repair complex equipment.

At $1,500 CAD per hp I have zero interest in anything green. Bad enough the others are at $1,000 / hp.

Saw that video last night and it looks like most of the gripe was about electronics and software. JD should allow the customers to have a reasonably priced scan tool at the very least.

The one farmer interviewed in this piece said case and agco are doing the same thing, is there truth in that or is he just speculating? I would assume all of the companies are to some level, just maybe not the same as the amount john deere is?

Latest posts