John Deere Remote

Help Support CattleToday:

upfrombottom

Reaction score
Anybody ever rebuilt ( replaced the o-rings ) in a John Deere remote outlet? I could do it if I can figure out how to get the dang thang apart.

O-ring pick.......pull the old o-ring out. Should be a thin plastic washer behind it, pull it out also. Push the new plastic washer in with your finger and maybe a little help with a screwdriver then push the new o-ring in place........Nothing to take apart...

2 is the o-ring, 3 is the washer
L121431________UN01JAN94.gif

Thanks Vett, but this is the one I'm dealing with, it is leaking around the barrel (or quik connect) and I know it comes out of the housing but cant get it out.
07041735.jpg

I can't tell squat from that picture, but I'd be willing to bet there's a snap ring somewhere that holds the guts in it. I had a 2240 one time with those remotes on it, decided I was going to swap out the guts for the universal hook-ups instead of the JD cones. After pricing the kit, I rode down to the Ford place and bought the whole hydraulic block with the couplers in it and retrofitted it to the JD. No more adaptors and I swear the tractor ran stronger once it had some blue parts on it!

Got it! This thing has been leaking for a while and when I took it off the tractor it was as big as a basketball from all the baling dust stuck to it. I pressure washed it and stuck it in a bucket of carburetor cleaner for 8 hrs. When I got it clean and got out my best pair of glasses and was able to see how to get it apart. I replaced the o-rings and will put it back on the tractor in the morning and see if I made the leak worse. Thanks anyway guys.

upfrombottom":37k7uqo7 said:
Got it! This thing has been leaking for a while and when I took it off the tractor it was as big as a basketball from all the baling dust stuck to it. I pressure washed it and stuck it in a bucket of carburetor cleaner for 8 hrs. When I got it clean and got out my best pair of glasses and was able to see how to get it apart. I replaced the o-rings and will put it back on the tractor in the morning and see if I made the leak worse. Thanks anyway guys.
So...how did you get it apart?

Latest posts