John Deere 2623VT review

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1

Reaction score
I bought this disc last year and used it for the first time this week and I am extremely happy how it cuts the stalks up I love it. :)

ahhh, a disk, it hurts my no-till eyes ;-) LOL. We have a great plains verical till, (turbo till). It works pretty well at chopping/sizing the residue and incorporating manure ahead of rye planting. Do you have a chopping corn head? That machine looks more aggresive then our turbo till, with the greater angle to the gangs, more like a disk? How do you like the active hydraulic rolling basket?
Jenna

cowgirl_jenna":214aobhn said:
ahhh, a disk, it hurts my no-till eyes ;-) LOL. We have a great plains verical till, (turbo till). It works pretty well at chopping/sizing the residue and incorporating manure ahead of rye planting. Do you have a chopping corn head? That machine looks more aggresive then our turbo till, with the greater angle to the gangs, more like a disk? How do you like the active hydraulic rolling basket?
Jenna

Thats a nice unit you all have too.. Do I have a seperate corn chopping unit no? The 2623vt is more agressive and is specifically designed to chop really well and mix the dirt and make a field look completely level and yes to the greater angle. I love the baskets it just makes a corn field look like a giant carpet.

cowgirl_jenna":3vfp9sed said:
We have a great plains verical till, (turbo till). It works pretty well at chopping/sizing the residue and incorporating manure ahead of rye planting.

How deep do you go with the turbo till?
Is there any reason to chisel plow once you invest in a unit like yours?

Stocker Steve":13fkturt said:
cowgirl_jenna":13fkturt said:
We have a great plains verical till, (turbo till). It works pretty well at chopping/sizing the residue and incorporating manure ahead of rye planting.

How deep do you go with the turbo till?
Is there any reason to chisel plow once you invest in a unit like yours?

Personally I like to chisel plow my fields every other year. The lands I lease no I wouldn't chisel plow.

Latest posts