jjjj

Help Support CattleToday:

fletcher":2iflk0uq said:
you really dont have a clue we dont all have the money for the ugly show arabs and qh just because you live in amercia and are used to different breeds there is nothing wrong with fletchers hoofs i agree his necks a bit long but i dont care about that you obviously dont know your cobs at all because they have bigger feet and feathers so im goin to delete this thread as i think you all know nothing at all about english horses!!!!!

fletcher

You just confirmed why I usually do not say much on the horse boards.

I figured you asked for some thoughts and you got them - good, bad and otherwise.

I suspect you are one of the stereotypical Brits I have often worked with. If you were an army general, you would probably be the type to march your men into battle in parade formation with all of them wearing red.

Go back to your tea and crumpets and enjoy your jokes about the colonials. You are just another reason so many of our ancestors left your country.

Have a nice day.

Bez!

sweetyp":1q3qbl7d said:
Im used to english horses and saddle and He looks a nice horse. If your lokking to use him only as a hacking horse then he's fine. If uve riden him and u like him than no one else can put a price on that horse as the prices given would be for a working horse in america where they use their horses for things that you wont. It all depends on how much ur willing to pay. First get him checked by a vet!! How old is he? If he's not a dressage or show horse I wouldnt pay any more than 1200 Pounds that is. But it all depends on how well schooled he is. If he's not that well trained or has some bad habits.

For everyone else, cobs always seem to look badly put together ( just my two pennies worth) but are in general lovely rides.

Your comments are well taken - but you might be surprised what some of us know about this type of horse, and the type of riding that will most likely be done on this animal.

Regards,

Bez!

fletcher":34niamoa said:
you just confirmed you aint got a clue lol you really havnt have you.

In order to satisfy your pride and arrogance I will be happy to admit it.

I will also be happy to cease correspondence - despite my best efforts and others honest appraisals you have taken the low road.

Your response was very low brow indeed.

I for one am off this thread - allowing you the last word - which is what you and your ilk usually require.

Have a nice day,

Bez!

Bez! don't be shy on these horse boards, it's too late you have already shown us you have a good knowledge of horses. This is a very good horse board, I agree with you that most boards don't warrant the time it takes to sign on. I find most of them to be more like a teenage slumber party then a true horse board.

Fletcher, you are new to this board and I encourage you to stick around, but insulting ones nationality problably won't cut it to well.

I have seen many very nice horses, bred with an background out of England and Europe, Crabet Arabs, Dutch Warmbloods. As a matter of fact years ago I owned a very nice Polish Arab just 2 generations from import to the U.S.

Your comments about western saddles and american attitudes and your refusal to accept the comments on your horses feet show me that you are either norrow minded or a youngster. In my opinion the neck isn't too long, it too thick, Cob like.

I don't like most TB's at all (no offense to any TB people, JMO), but I do like Cob's, they're a great kids horse. Again just my opinion and it's not taking away from the love you have for your horse, but you got what the horse was bred for, it looks half Cob and half TB.

I agree that your horse's feet are a mess, do your horse a favor and take him to a good farrier, someone you have checked out ahead of time, the next time he needs his feet done, see what they have to say without coaching the new farrier. Your horse will thank you.

You asked what people would pay for your horse you got your answers and reasons why. None of use can tell how your horse rides or his personality or his habits by a picture. So we judge the horse by his picture. You got what you asked for.

Alan

born2run":4o2arw65 said:
My wife owns a 18 pound western saddle, your wrong about western saddles being too heavy for a horse.

What brand is it Alan? I've owned some light synthetics, and loved my Circle Y Park and Trail as well. The heaviest one I ever bought was a costly Textan reiner. I broke into a full sweat just tacking up! Eventually sold all my western saddles for english tack. I don't have anything against western (besides WP!) just not my preferred style of riding anymore.

Born,

Sorry it took so long to reply, my wife and I share this computer and she is a gamer, I don't have the heart to interrupt her game so I can check my email. although she offers.

The saddle she has is synthetic, it's a Cordoba (sp), she bought it and for what ever reason she used it about 1/2 of dozen times and went back to her Circle Y trail saddle. I believe she didn't like the seat. She also rides quite a bit in her Wintec all purpose english saddle.

Alan

fletcher":257ukepp said:
you just confirmed you aint got a clue lol you really havnt have you.

Fletcher, now you are losing my respect and I sure others. These are the CATTLE boards, Bez! is very much respected on the cattle side of these boards. I for one would love to see him take more of an active part in the horse boards. You on the other hand I couldn't give a flying spit about. So do yourself a favor and drop this before it you dig yourself in deeper.

Alan

Fletcher if you wanted us to answer your questions it would help to not put jjjj for the title and for your first post.

Is removing your picture the same thing as taking your ball and going home. :lol:

MHO is if you post a picture regardless of your question, you have invited public opinion on the picture. I gave my honest opinion. You want me to lie jjjj?

Latest posts