jersey cattle

Help Support CattleToday:

ssrinehart

Reaction score
We gave our four three month old steers shots 3 weeks ago. We have found some big lumps on the left side of their necks around the area we gave the shots. They were the 5 way. we were wondering if the shots could have caused the lumps or maybe something else?

The shots would be the cause of the lumps... give 'em time, and they'll go away on their own.

Saw your location... You're just down the road, around the bend, and over the hill from where I'm at. Welcome to the boards from a fellow Idahoan. :D

ssrinehart":3acugms4 said:
We gave our four three month old steers shots 3 weeks ago. We have found some big lumps on the left side of their necks around the area we gave the shots. They were the 5 way. we were wondering if the shots could have caused the lumps or maybe something else?
the shots caused the lumps.its nothing to worry about.some lumps will go away an some wont.

ssrinehart":3qs3z8r1 said:
==============

Curious...did you aspirate the air out of the syringe before injection?

Did you inject slowly?

Were you sub Q or IM?

Suggested study;

http://www.pfizerah.com/health.asp?coun ... ype=3&sec=

I gave our 3 Jersey's shots the same time we did the beef cows and the 3 of them got lumps where I injected and the 15 beefs cows got nothing. I almost wonder if they are more 'sensitive'. We love out girls they are so sweet :heart:

Latest posts