Jersey Bulls

Help Support CattleToday:

i havent been to the dairy sale in awhile but i bet you could find a jersey bull there.have you ever heard of sulphur springs livesock an dairy auction aka the monday barn in sulphur springs tx.the dairy sale is on thurs.i can give you the barn ph # if ya want it.

novatech":1ydq2jy7 said:
I had two of them. I have one now. I have no problem with them.

We borrowed one to use as a heifer bull a few years ago and there was nothing wrong with his disposition either except that he was exceedingly stupid even for a bovine. Maybe the fact that his eyes were set so far apart he looked like he'd been born with fetal alcohol syndrome had something to do with it.

I've raised several Jersey bulls. Didn't have any problems with them until they reach that 2 year old stage. Every single one started getting ornery. Especially after their first time breeding any cows. I had one who was a perfect gentleman until I leased him to some dairy farmers. He went from gentle to a stubborn ornery thing that hated everything in his path.

Our first gomer bull was a Jersey. He got mean pretty quick. We've been using longhorns for a long time now. We've only had to get rid of one for disposition. He wasn't a threat to us, just a nutcase to get in the corral. He kept the cows and calves stirred up when they were trying to go in the corral. Since they need to go in the corral for AI and calmer cows settle better to AI, he didn't last too long. The one we've got now will fight the cows to be first in the corral.

We have one we would be willing to sell. He was a yr old in Aug or Sept. He is out of registered stock but we never got the papers on him. We might still be able to, we'd have to contact the previous owner. We live in northern Arkansas. If your interested, let me know.

I TOO AM LOOKING FOR A VERY GENTLE LAID BACK OLDER JERSEY BULL, NO PAPERS JUST INEXPENSIVE AND GENTLE. WOULD PREFER IN THE TEXAS,, OK, OR NM PANHANDLE.

the older a jersey bull gets the meaner he gets.thats my most use a yearling bull for a year.then sale him an get another 1.

You will find that cow-raised Jersey bulls are no problem at all -- as even tempered as a good tempered beef bull. It is the bucket raised Jersey bulls that you will have problems with. We always have a jersey bull at work to put over the handful of jersey cows, and we always get a cow-raised one. And we never have problems. The last bull was very quiet, although as someone said, stupider than a bloodysheep. He was in a paddock with a limo bull, that you have to walk through to get to the piggery (about a 10 minute walk). The two bulls of course would follow you down all the way. If you stopped and turned around, the limo would lick you, the jersey would throw up his head and heels and tear off way down the other end of the paddock. Because the human he was following suddenly got scary :shock: Then he'd come back and follow you and five minutes later you could scare him again :lol2: Used to have us in stiches. Sent him into the yard not that long ago so he didnt breed his daughters.

Latest posts