Jeep pickup-------cool..............

Help Support CattleToday:

jltrent

Reaction score
http://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/auto-sho ... li=BBnb7Kz

CCreVq.img

Finally. In 2011 Jeep CEO Mike Manley said, "It is too late in Wrangler's product cycle to add a pickup. The 2015 or 2016 time frame makes more sense," when the next-generation Wrangler is due. A year later, Manley told an Australian outlet that a decision on a Jeep with a bed would come "pretty soon." Now, The Detroit News reports that the decision has been made, and it's a "Yes."A Wrangler-based truck is expected to arrive in 2017, sometime after the launch of the next Wrangler. And it'll be built in Toledo next to its sibling.

Those desperate for a carry-all Wrangler have been able to buy Mopar's JK8 conversion kit for the past four years. Frankly, even though the Jeep Gladiator concept (pictured) is now 11 years old and the JT concept is nine years old, we think either one of them could roll off the line in a year and be welcomed with hosannas.

This year's New York Auto Show will also be the site of the reveal of the compact SUV that will slot in between the Renegade and the Cherokee, built on the Renegade/Fiat 500X platform and replacing both the Compass and Patriot. Derided by many, in the US the two aging CUVs still sell terrifically well - they both hit records here last year. One of them will live on in name, the new SUV to be called either Compass or Patriot; the former name is bigger in international markets, the latter name gets more recognition here. That show is when we'll also get Fiat Chrysler's updated five-year plan that will take us through the presumed end of CEO Sergio Marchionne's tenure at FCA.

Love it. Love Wranglers in general. Could never own one as I can't fit in them. Neighbor has one and it's too small for me in every dimension.

Back in the day there were quite a few of the old Willys Overland Jeep pickups around here. We had one with basically a 8' flatbed with side about a foot tall and a stock rack for it. 4 cyl engine was a gutless wonder but that Jeep would go places a more modern 4wd pickup feared to tread :p

John SD":239i8jln said:
Back in the day there were quite a few of the old Willys Overland Jeep pickups around here. We had one with basically a 8' flatbed with side about a foot tall and a stock rack for it. 4 cyl engine was a gutless wonder but that Jeep would go places a more modern 4wd pickup feared to tread :p

You're right, John. If they were smart they would offer a V8 option.

Aaron":3654ehwm said:
Could never own one as I can't fit in them. Neighbor has one and it's too small for me in every dimension.

I know what you mean. My sister has one that I've borrowed a couple of times. I feel like I have to drive with my elbows tucked in tight against my ribs. I wouldn't have one of my own.

:hide: No offense to those of you that have and love them.

lavacarancher":18bqzscn said:
John SD":18bqzscn said:

You're right, John. If they were smart they would offer a V8 option.
Or maybe the Fiat diesel..

Dusty Britches":1lb2kulr said:
That will be a neat re-introduction. Didn't they make Jeep Pickups back in the late 60's - 70's?

IIRC, the Willys Overland pickups were late 40's through early 60's. Ours was a 1953 model. After AMC bought Jeep, they built pickups into the early 80's or so :idea:

I have a '59 Willys pickup. All original with the flathead straight 6, 3 speed in the floor. It is a great, heavy sprung little truck. Wish somebody would make something comparable today.

~~BC

Its still a jeep and will ride like "a manure sled".

One of the guys that works for us was talking about taking a vacation. He said they (his family) was renting a 4wd Tahoe to go skiing because... in his words... There is no way in hell Im driving that jeep to New Mexico. It would be miserable.

They have one of the new 4dr jeeps.

They should add a v8. And make the box a bit bigger. And make it 4 door, With a bigger back seat,

Oh wait, then its just a dodge truck.

I like the looks of a Jeep pickup. I like this new one, and I liked the old ones.

I have come close a couple of times to buying a used two door jeep, but some nit pick always stopped me. They hold their resale value very well. But,,, they seem to always rust with age, and they seem to have overall quality issues.

Latest posts