JD Drawbar

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
Took off spraying this morning and was doing all the good when I looked back and saw my sprayer 50 yards behind me.

2 bolts and the pin came out of my drawbar.

I'm trying to figure out what was in there and if I can fix it with a bolt or some thing. I hate to wait until Monday because I will be dead in the water this weekend. I doubt they have it in stock either.

Any ideas? Here is the cap that goes on from the bottom of the tractor. I got 4 bolts but there should be a pin thru the middle that goes thru the drawbar in to the tractor.

Use grade 8 bolts and locate any drawbar pin of the right diameter. Or if you never changee the length of the drawbar you can just bolts it in place with grade 8s

My kubota is similar except the pin goes in from the bottom and is held in place with a bobby pin clip.

My 4020 is like that
My 2640 has a second hole with a pin and cotter pin kinda like dun mentioned..

If I was in a bind I would by 5 bolts.
4 to bolt the bracket back on.
The fifth would be just long enough to go through the bracket and mostly into draw bar.
Put it in center hole and a couple of good strong tack welds Should be fine for spraying.
When you get the proper pin cut the welds take the bolt out and clean it up with the grinder.

Sounds like a lot but should be a piece of cake

callmefence":f007cj13 said:
My 4020 is like that
My 2640 has a second hole with a pin and cotter pin kinda like dun mentioned..

If I was in a bind I would by 5 bolts.
4 to bolt the bracket back on.
The fifth would be just long enough to go through the bracket and mostly into draw bar.
Put it in center hole and a couple of good strong tack welds Should be fine for spraying.
When you get the proper pin cut the welds take the bolt out and clean it up with the grinder.

Sounds like a lot but should be a piece of cake

That's true. Good idea.

It all pretty old and worn. The draw bar is bent sideways and down. That 1000g tank bouncing thru all the hog ruts it taking it's toll.

Latest posts