Jacked Up steer class!

Help Support CattleToday:

HeWhoMustNotBeNamed

Reaction score
I was at a beef cattle show and I was watching the steer show. There were 5 steers in this one class and the judge made a huge mistake judging these animals. Say these animals are numbered 1-2-3-4-5. Alright. So the judge places them 1-2-3-5-4. Steer #5 has this huge limp. I mean, You have to be really ignorant to miss a limp like this. I wouldn't even show an animal like that unless it was just dynamite. So the judge places them totally wrong, he should have switched the last two. Then when he was talking about the class as they were leaving the ring, he said that "the steer in fourth moves better than the steer in 5th." WTH? :!: :!: :!: A lot of people complained about the job he did judging, but honestly, how in the heck can you miss a limp and then just say random stuff when you are talking the class? What do you think?
:drink: :banana: :tiphat: :hat: :cboy: :stop: :help:

Paid Steer Placement probably.. He couldnt put the limp too far up in line or he would really get accused of boching it........ I dont really know. More than likely he was paid off.

Just my opinion but.... If the animal in 4th could have been really put together, but his limp could have put it down some. So he placed it 4th.

Also about you saying the judge said "the steer in 4th moves better than the steer in 5th"... the judge defenanty messed that one up. i do not blame people for questioning his placing's.

that steer in 5th could of been really ugly :? :? :frowns: and just because that one in 4th had a limp doesnt mean it had to be dead last.ya it could of been 2nd or 3rd but the judge could of put it down some places because it had a limp. but doesnt mean it needs to be dead last :!: :!: and about the judge getting paid why in the world would a judge risk their job just to keep a steer out of 5th place.now that is just not smart. :lol: :lol:

I've been around politicians and I've been around folks who got lost & were'nt worth their pay. This sounds like a small show that they brought in a rookie to judge. Maybe just a bone head mistake. If it was a bone head rookie mistake i'm sure he paid his dues and will do better next time. I would hate to only get politic'ed up to only 4th unless of course it was the last place to sell. Was that a potential reason?

How smart you are Avalon, was thinking the same thing.
:lol: :lol:Never heard of a class that was rigged on the bottom half of the class. LMAO :lol: :lol:
It's possable the judge forgot witch steer was limping and gave fifth to the wrong steer. I bet that judge was feeling real small :shock:
How did the judge do with the rest of the classes, that will give you an idea if the judge has Alzheimers :lol:

show steer up":l9slhy7e said:
How smart you are Avalon,
:banana: The bannana is me beating my chest like Tarzan ! At the age of (just over the hill) I love a compliment no matter what it looks like. :cboy:

well....... from someone who's a few years before topping that mountain :shock:
Take all you can get :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: have a few from me :D

I love the random stuff sometimes said about the animals during the exit of the show. But any time you have a human doing the judging you will have the human error or opinions that other people differ with.

Latest posts