(IVF) Invitro Fertilization

Help Support CattleToday:

cowtex

Reaction score
Wanted to see if anyone is using this procedure and what kind of luck they were having.We have used it a few times with with mixed amount of success. One time the calves were huge at birth out of one mating we had used before with embryo transplant that produced regular size calves.

However, the last cow we used IVF on we got 65 grade a embryos out of 3 procedures over only 6 weeks, and used 3 differant bulls.One procedure every 2 weeks. We put in 60 frozen eggs in Dec. and got a 55% preg. rate on the frozen. Calves won't be here until Sept.

For some reason the genetics company say that the Herefords are having more success than most of the other breeds, but don't have a clue why.

There was a guy that posted on here for a while from (I think) Uraguay that did a lot of it. If you search the boards you may find it and he may have an email address since he hasn;t logged on latley so PMs won;t work

Yes, We have done it and it is expensive. They get you with the receipts. If you get 50 to 55% then I'd be happy. Also I never like a cow in ET to do more than 15 embryos, but IVF it' seems to be OK to get that many (60). These were Herefords that were old and proven good. They finally would not breed back so we IVF.

dun":294osb7j said:
There was a guy that posted on here for a while from (I think) Uraguay that did a lot of it. If you search the boards you may find it and he may have an email address since he hasn;t logged on latley so PMs won;t work

Lorenzo maybe?

dun":chd6cf4i said:

Yes it was Lorenzo, and I have an E-mail address somewhere. I will try and find it.

When I was doing it we only got about 50% also, that was on beefmasters. I would be happy with 50% embryos taking. Must be some kind of mating to do 60

JHH":2pidc5v0 said:
dun":2pidc5v0 said:

Yes it was Lorenzo, and I have an E-mail address somewhere. I will try and find it.

I found the address. Its [email protected]

Latest posts