Ivermectin Pour On

Help Support CattleToday:

rdt

Reaction score
When is the best time of year to apply parasite control and how often do ya'll re-apply? The pour on I bought says it controls horn flies for 28 days but I never heard of people here applying that often.

Thanks,

rt

rdt":11wwqko2 said:
When is the best time of year to apply parasite control and how often do ya'll re-apply? The pour on I bought says it controls horn flies for 28 days but I never heard of people here applying that often.

Thanks,

rt
What is the name of the product you have?

Give your local Vet a call they will know best for your area. Here we put it on in March and then maybe agian mid summer if really needed. I tend to use it more for the worms/parasites then the flys.

warpaint":1hfkcbnj said:
As crowder said, put up rubs in high traffic areas.
Gates, barn hallways, etc.

If you have rubs they walk under would you also put some up on mineral feeder? Never have did this but saw a bunch of pictures with them hanging around them.

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that you aren't supposed to use Ivermectin in rubs, at least not constantly because the parasites develop a resistance to it after awhile. If I remember correctly, they don't even recommend that you use the same class of chemicals to kill lice every year either. You are supposed to alternate every second or third year. Here's a link.

http://www.oznet.ksu.edu/library/ENTML2/C671.PDF

Latest posts