It's Snowing

Help Support CattleToday:

I luv herfrds

Reaction score
No surprise here. Just been some crazy weather.

IMG_5518.jpg

IMG_5519.jpg

IMG_5520.jpg

IMG_5517.jpg

Snowing here too. Right now it is 34.9 degrees and it's mid-afternoon! I sure hope it doesn't freeze yet. We've still got 5 days until the first average freeze :roll:

novaman":126jpyuk said:
Snowing here too. Right now it is 34.9 degrees and it's mid-afternoon! I sure hope it doesn't freeze yet. We've still got 5 days until the first average freeze :roll:
alot of fellers got hay on the ground here

Still got 280 acres of malt barley waiting to be cut.
Just started putting the winter wheat in the ground, got 170 acres in the ground and 350 acres left to do.

I luv herfrds":29ji1dtw said:
Still got 280 acres of malt barley waiting to be cut.
Just started putting the winter wheat in the ground, got 170 acres in the ground and 350 acres left to do.

The 23rd is the full moon- the Harvest Moon- which often means a change in weather patterns....I sure hope so as besides the wheat left to combine we still have 130 acres of hay to put up - about 50 acres of which are down and getting snowed on....

My son just came in from the east- and said the Missouri Breaks south of the river are all white....Most of the rain/snow has now moved south of the river- and they are predicting temps in the 20's in some areas..

ILH we still have a shytt load of harvesting to do as well as the normal fall chores too. Let's just pray that we all get a nice October so we can all catch up.

What a crappy summer this has been ..

Oldtimer":11jlsb3g said:
The 23rd is the full moon- the Harvest Moon- which often means a change in weather patterns....I sure hope so as besides the wheat left to combine we still have 130 acres of hay to put up - about 50 acres of which are down and getting snowed on....

So what you are saying, the full moon (aka Harvest Moon) is going to turn your wet and cold weather to warm and dry and my hot and dry weather to cool and wet? :?

1982vett":1kgvf6tv said:
Oldtimer":1kgvf6tv said:

So what you are saying, the full moon (aka Harvest Moon) is going to turn your wet and cold weather to warm and dry and my hot and dry weather to cool and wet? :?

Sure would be nice wouldn't it ? :)

But up here we often see a weather pattern change around the Harvest Moon or autumnal equinox. I'm sure hoping this is one of those years..Besides us and the Canadians- I know there are still lots of crops in ND that will be a while before they get harvested...

Got guys all around us with crops still in the fields. Saw guys in the Denton area still cutting this last week.

Oldtimer":37mo4r32 said:
1982vett":37mo4r32 said:
Oldtimer":37mo4r32 said:

Sure would be nice wouldn't it ? :)

But up here we often see a weather pattern change around the Harvest Moon or autumnal equinox. I'm sure hoping this is one of those years..Besides us and the Canadians- I know there are still lots of crops in ND that will be a while before they get harvested...
Yeah, it is a big country. September, if it want's to be, can be a wet month for us with tropical storms and such. I'm ready and waiting....

No offense ILH but that's the biggest ugliest chicken I ever saw :shock: and what happened to your dogs legs, they seem to have disapeared. :help:

:lol2: That is Thanksgiving dinner.
Poor Manny never had long legs, he was born a corgi and they just stay that way.

Now we have a thunderstorm southeast of us right now. :shock:
The thunder is almost completely continous.

I luv herfrds":2055v29a said:
:lol2: That is Thanksgiving dinner.
Poor Manny never had long legs, he was born a corgi and they just stay that way.

Now we have a thunderstorm southeast of us right now. :shock:
The thunder is almost completely continous.

A month ago everyone I know was hoping the rain would stop so they could put up Horse hay instead of cow hay. It hasn't rained here for 3 weeks, guess what everyuone is bytching about now :roll:

BTW I really like Corgi's they have a lot of heart to em.

I am ALMOST jealous of that snow. Summer just won't turn loose of us. Here, it is currently 96 degrees with humidity of 58% for a heat index of 115. This is according to our Acu-Rite gizmo not the official weather station but it's usually accurate within a couple degrees of what gets reported on the news. I am soooooooo ready for some cooler, Fall weather!!

We have got our first ground frost, it is supposed to rain all day tomorrow, and Scotland has had their first snow. I hate this time of year when all that nice hot sunshine fades away. Why can't summer last a few more months, what has happened to that so called global warming. :cry2:

Latest posts