It's down to farm loans or bust!

Help Support CattleToday:

USDA Announces $8.4 Million to Support a Diverse Next Generation of Farmers and Ranchers
July 2, 2016
WASHINGTON – The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) today announced the availability of $8.4 million in competitive grants to support the work of partner organizations that provide training, outreach and technical assistance for socially disadvantaged, Tribal and Veteran farmers and ranchers. USDA's Outreach and Assistance for Socially Disadvantaged and Veteran Farmers and Ranchers Program, also known as the 2501 Program, is administered by the Office of Advocacy and Outreach (OAO).
click here for $$$$

I got to look into this, as a veteran farmer I might be eligible.

Cross-7":2ufdwebb said:
LCCattle":2ufdwebb said:
TexasBred":2ufdwebb said:
Another copy and paste.
I noticed you and maybe some others have made that comment. So I will assume you are unfamiliar with the Fair Use Act which could cause you to end up with your teat in a wringer along with the board owner. So, when you see a cut and paste in quotes from me as proof of my position or as a new topic to discuss, by law, I must give credit to the source as it is their property. And to give credit it must be in quotes along with the URL. Plus the URL tells all readers where to go to read the entire article if they wish.
Some boards that I am a member will kick you off if you do not follow the Fair Use Act, so that is why I cut and paste, to follow the law.
So I strongly suggest you familiarize yourself with the Fair Use Act along with board rules.

" Fare Use Act "
http://fairuse.stanford.edu/overview/fa ... -fair-use/
YEP! Another cut and paste, and I will continue to obey the law no matter how many times you witch about it.
And not to beat a dead horse, but every time you hit the quote mark to quote someone, you are doing a cut and paste.

I'd personally like you hear your own thoughts and your take on the afore quoted link
Instead of someone else's thoughts
WHY, so you can keep up the anal exams looking for chit to witch about.
And you wonder why there are so few posted on this board. It's getting old my friend!

I will call it an FmHA loan (however I know that entity doesn't exist anymore), could I just walk in the FSA office and apply for a loan to buy 140 steers to background? If I could, would the fact that I have off farm income make me an unlikely candidate for approval?

So what you are say is you are a twat.

With all the government waste you choose to focus on the beef industry.

You choose to pick on the safest food supply (US) in the world in doing so allow an inferior product reach our shelves.

You do not like our protein source then do not buy it and SHTF

NO ONE wants to hear your BS

LCCattle":2r450c8z said:
Cross-7":2r450c8z said:
LCCattle":2r450c8z said:
I noticed you and maybe some others have made that comment. So I will assume you are unfamiliar with the Fair Use Act which could cause you to end up with your teat in a wringer along with the board owner. So, when you see a cut and paste in quotes from me as proof of my position or as a new topic to discuss, by law, I must give credit to the source as it is their property. And to give credit it must be in quotes along with the URL. Plus the URL tells all readers where to go to read the entire article if they wish.
Some boards that I am a member will kick you off if you do not follow the Fair Use Act, so that is why I cut and paste, to follow the law.
So I strongly suggest you familiarize yourself with the Fair Use Act along with board rules.

" Fare Use Act "
YEP! Another cut and paste, and I will continue to obey the law no matter how many times you witch about it.
And not to beat a dead horse, but every time you hit the quote mark to quote someone, you are doing a cut and paste.

I'd personally like you hear your own thoughts and your take on the afore quoted link
Instead of someone else's thoughts
WHY, so you can keep up the anal exams looking for chit to witch about.
And you wonder why there are so few posted on this board. It's getting old my friend!

Fu you cs fag
I was diplomatic and asked for your opinion.
You are nothing but a liberal fag that regeritates what you have been brainwashed without a an education or a thought of your own.

Remember when he used the name Liz? That was funny.

Could somebody answer my question, before this thread gets locked.

Bigfoot":cv7lw21y said:
Could somebody answer my question, before this thread gets locked.

Better hurry its going south in a hurry.

Bigfoot my understanding is (and I could be wrong) that you have to be unable to obtain financing from another lender, such as the bank or credit union.

With it raining in corn country, and commodity prices spiraling down, it may not be too hard to be refused a loan. Two pot loads of steers, 3% money, LRP on the calves. Sounds enticing.

Some of you people are so far off base it laughable.
Have you seen cattle prices lately?
And it's going to get worse soon. In case you don't know, this house of cards known as the US of A is about to collapse. What are you going to do when a 500lb. steer sells for $1.00 per lb? Can you survive with prices that low. They're at $1.42 now. What is your break even point? Mine is $1.28-30 year after year.
Now, knowing that, do you still want to ignore our customers demands and not try to recapture some market share. The wall may help but I think the hole has been dug so deep that even the wall will not be able to do it to stop the import of Australian beef being sold under NAFA under a Mexican label. So the only other alternative is, business as usual. Think about it.
Now how do you cattlemen, both dairy and beef cattlemen, propose we regain our fair market share? Or do you just want to keep your head up your azz and ignore what is right in front of you?
Think about it!

way to go Cross-7! that is impressive. Maybe someday we will be in that position.

Bigfoot: off-farm income WILL NOT count against you.

off farm income in 80s i said 80s did count aginst you and Bigfoot they have so many diffrent types of loans these days
ill will bet if things go south BrandX that you will have to go to the gov with your check Because there name WILL be on it FIRST !No one makes a no collateral loan not even the gov ,but BrandX you are getting a begginers loan it may be diffrent than what Bigfoot will be applying for hope that helps some bigfoot i argued ,shouted damn near got in fist fights most of the 80s in those offices. all you can do is go check into it big foot they have totaly diffrent people in those offices today !

As far it being a waste of money !!!!!no it is not it is there for people to improve there operations for the better .and it is there for people like BRANDX TO GET A START THAT OTHERWISE WOULD NOT
as far as waste in my opinion they have had them yes they had setaside was one big rip off in my opinion.

I am not sure I understand what the above comment is about, but as a recent USDA loan applicant I will weigh in.
BrandX
I really dont expect you to understand the 80s
my guess you had to Survive them !

backhoeboogie":1m0r97b8 said:
True Grit Farms":1m0r97b8 said:
Taxpayers shouldn't finance private business, and it's not the government's job to put anyone in business. The government is keeping everything artificially high and interest rates low. There's no way that 20-30 cows can pay for $146k loan, that's a terrible investment of taxpayers dollars.

Not 20 to 30 cows. But 50 could. If you already have the land. $146 at 4.5% interest on a ten year note is $1513 a month (2 calves). 50 head should yield almost 4 calves a month. Fertilizer, meds, fuel, taxes is going to cost around 1 calf per month. You cannot live off of the other 1 calf per month but you could supplement yourself.

10 years from now the loan is paid off and you get 3 calves per month. I have more expensive taste than that but it is supplement.

I am not opposed to borrowing money if it pencils out. I went several years pocketing around $400 per month but building equity in land. I wound up selling one place for more than double what I had paid 3 years prior. No way I could have bought that place without a loan.

Unfortunately land prices way higher than they should be. If you want to get started in this business at some point you gotta pay the piper. Brandx you should look at cross fencing and ponds in each sub pasture to do rotational grazing and increase your stocking rate. With as high as land prices are I know that's what my wife and I are doing. As a young guy myself didn't get the benefit of low land price, maybe in the future but not holding my breath. And you can't put a price on enjoying the land and having it in your family forever at least that's how I looked at that.

LCCattle":1xag5e1r said:
And it's going to get worse soon. In case you don't know, this house of cards known as the US of A is about to collapse. What are you going to do when a 500lb. steer sells for $1.00 per lb? Can you survive with prices that low. They're at $1.42 now. What is your break even point? Mine is $1.28-30 year after year.
Now, knowing that, do you still want to ignore our customers demands and not try to recapture some market share. The wall may help but I think the hole has been dug so deep that even the wall will not be able to do it to stop the import of Australian beef being sold under NAFA under a Mexican label. So the only other alternative is, business as usual. Think about it.
Now how do you cattlemen, both dairy and beef cattlemen, propose we regain our fair market share? Or do you just want to keep your head up your azz and ignore what is right in front of you?
Think about it!
Cattle prices actually look good to me.
That is if you haven't been buying cattle for past 5 years.
I bet you we're selling more boxed beef with $1.20 fats, than $1.70 fats.

BrandX
1980 Those were days when i was young and determined .i grew up in 60 ,70 ,No i dont have a big fancy education hanging on my wall .
What some on here have pointed out ,well dont think your listening .1980 I WASNT LISTENING EITHER .The only thing i can tell you is i truley hope we never see those days agian the last several years has made some question the cycles in Agriculture .
prices have been good .Trust what i say they are not going to stay that way.
Plan for the worst . Hope and work hard to make it the best outcome possible.
My guess you havent seen the threat of somthing wipeing out a heard or causeing you major financial set back yet .Maybe even drought.
Bigfoot young man i have liked what ive seen you post,do your self a favor dont jump before you look. Dont think you need a loan keep it cheap,But if you need one then by all means go after the lowest intrest you can get when i was starting out intrest rate were A lot higher than you have today. and you have seen the rise in prices you sell for ,now think back look at history and the cycles.The USDA has a wide selection of grants an loans ,alot more these days .Make improvements that pay!
This board and some others have some very Knowledgeable people and the internet is full information ,we didnt have it when i was young .
:wave:

sim.-ang.king":3vso9064 said:
LCCattle":3vso9064 said:
Think about it!
Cattle prices actually look good to me.
That is if you haven't been buying cattle for past 5 years.
I bet you we're selling more boxed beef with $1.20 fats, than $1.70 fats.

My business model was selling calves at $500 a head. I remember hoping to get $500 per calf. They averaged $1375 or so last spring at the sale barn. High cotton.

mooo":30mbjzs1 said:
BrandX
1980 Those were days when i was young and determined .i grew up in 60 ,70 ,No i dont have a big fancy education hanging on my wall .
What some on here have pointed out ,well dont think your listening .1980 I WASNT LISTENING EITHER .The only thing i can tell you is i truley hope we never see those days agian the last several years has made some question the cycles in Agriculture .
prices have been good .Trust what i say they are not going to stay that way.
Plan for the worst . Hope and work hard to make it the best outcome possible.
My guess you havent seen the threat of somthing wipeing out a heard or causeing you major financial set back yet .Maybe even drought.
Bigfoot young man i have liked what ive seen you post,do your self a favor dont jump before you look. Dont think you need a loan keep it cheap,But if you need one then by all means go after the lowest intrest you can get when i was starting out intrest rate were A lot higher than you have today. and you have seen the rise in prices you sell for ,now think back look at history and the cycles.The USDA has a wide selection of grants an loans ,alot more these days .Make improvements that pay!
This board and some others have some very Knowledgeable people and the internet is full information ,we didnt have it when i was young .
:wave:

My question was hypothetical, plus I only have room for 50 calves at the most today.

LCCattle":29rpb2g9 said:
TexasBred":29rpb2g9 said:
LCCattle":29rpb2g9 said:
Farmers will get $500 million from USDA to help them cover farm ownership loans, officials told AgDay.
Producers are facing reluctance from banks to lend because of lower commodity prices and declining farm incomes. That is pushing up demand for USDA's guaranteed loans.
And it could get even harder for farmers. USDA is nearly out of the $2 billion approved by Congress for the program.
http://www.agweb.com/article/usda-to-ai ... ra-beachy/
Another copy and paste.

" Fare Use Act "
This applies to copyrighted articles only.

I knew you (larry cummings)were SL or one of his minions. He used to say exact same thing to me. It would piss him off if I quoted his bs from his defunct forum. This is a public board if you don't want what you say used .don't say it.

Latest posts