It's been confirmed..

Help Support CattleToday:

certherfbeef":1ldlrvs4 said:
flaboy":1ldlrvs4 said:
Now I have Yankee's telling me how to raise my cattle

flaboy, you need to remember to differenciate between your damn yankees and a yankee.
There are several here that like to call me a yank. Especially after they found out I don't drink tea and can't handle their heat.
I go visit and then I go home. That keeps me out of the damn yank category. ;-)
Certher, as an unreconstructed southerner, I will say that I don't have any reason to consider you a damn yankee. If you want to give it a try, you will probably get adjusted to the heat after working in it a couple of weeks. Not drinking tea is no problem. Just substitute mint julips on the veranda.

I also do not believe Bull Lady meant any harm by her statement as she seems to be a very polite person.

Burn Atlanta?! where do i sign up?

I recognized the sarcasm in BullLadys post but still found it in poor taste. but who cares, if it didnt tick off the Canadians. I found the comment about blaming it on mexico rather amusing, however.

WOW! What a thread! That'll teach me a lesson - been out of pocket for the past few days and missed all the action ;-)

Had to read the whole thread a couple of times before formulatin' my opinion (not than anyone would particularly care) 8)

As for the BSE: Much to my surprise, and pleasantly so, it doesn't seem the latest BSE case has affected the Florida market at all. I figured the buyers were gonna take advantage of the media hype and the prices would go in the toilet, but looking at the market reports since the official annoucement, prices are stable and HIGHER. Woo-hoo!

As for Yankees: oh boy I could write a novel here ;-) Although I'm in FL now, I'm from AZ (which if you read your history books was a Confederate state LONG before being a Union state). My mom's family's from Texas, my Dad's from Massachusetts. My hat's off to my folks for makin' THIS combination work for over 32 years ;-) Surprisingly, my Daddy is more strict than my Mom - but also even tempered. Guess somehow Southern Style made it up to Yankeeville ;-) For the most part though, I agree with Flaboy's comments. I travel to Yankeeville, er I mean, the Northeast every now and then it surprises me how rude people can be. Not that there aren't rude folks in the southeast. Just seems to be more of em up north.

As for Atlanta: Atlanta isn't Georgia as far as I've determined. Wow that's a big scary city. I cringe whenever I have to go there. Scary stuff.

As for Florida: Yep, Flaboys right. The land prices and development pace here (at least in Central FL) are insane. It blows my mind how much people pay for property.

As for the War: The fact of the matter is the Civil War was an issue of the state's rights. I'm the first one to complain the federal government has WAY too much power over the states. Does anyone in their right mind think we need MORE Federal oversight? It seems to me the framers of the constitution planned for the bulk of the oversight to be done by the states. As it should be. Certain things of course must be managed by the feds: the ICC, FCC, USDA <groan> things like that. It should be that if ya don't like how things are goin' in yer state, ya move. I've put my money where my mouth is - there's a reason why I don't live in AZ anymore nor will move back anytime soon.

Anyhow, that's my take ;-)

$jobs
[1] - Running SOAPBOX

$kill %1

:lol:

Mike Bishop - http://www.flbullrider.com

Even though I'm a dyed in the wool Texan and Southerner I've gotten to where I really dislike the term "damn yankees". I don't know about the rest of you Southerners but, generally speaking, in my travels the only yankees I've encountered that I would call "damn yankees" were the snooty, pontificating big city types from NYC, Philly, Baston :lol: etc. In my experience, rural people are pretty much the same throughout the land. They may have different accents and do things a little differently but for the most part they are just good 'ole down home type folks.

I've got to agree. The folks in Atlanta can be just as rude as the folks in NY City. Also the farm folks in New York can be as nice as my next door neighbor. I do have a little communication problems with the Northern folks but we get through that.

Latest posts