It Takes a Village?

Help Support CattleToday:

wacocowboy":337zj0fh said:
Yeah I knew better than to complain about what was on the table you either ate what was on the table or you didn't eat at all. You were required to take some of everything not just what you like and couldn't leave the table till your plate was clean. There are lots of foods I don't eat now that I am grown and greens is one of them
My "fish" year at Aggieland one of the upperclassmen found out I hated spinach. Started forcing me to eat one bite of spinach, then two bites until over a period of a few weeks I worked my way up to about 5 bites....had to swallow each bite about 4-5 times before it stayed down. The climax came when I threw the final bite up all over the table along with everything else I'd eaten for about a week. That ended that experiment in forced feeding. :lol2:

TexasBred":18x11838 said:
wacocowboy":18x11838 said:
Yeah I knew better than to complain about what was on the table you either ate what was on the table or you didn't eat at all. You were required to take some of everything not just what you like and couldn't leave the table till your plate was clean. There are lots of foods I don't eat now that I am grown and greens is one of them
My "fish" year at Aggieland one of the upperclassmen found out I hated spinach. Started forcing me to eat one bite of spinach, then two bites until over a period of a few weeks I worked my way up to about 5 bites....had to swallow each bite about 4-5 times before it stayed down. The climax came when I threw the final bite up all over the table along with everything else I'd eaten for about a week. That ended that experiment in forced feeding. :lol2:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bez__":1hmccwfa said:
That beach Billary started that saying in one of her speeches.

All the limp wristed weak dicks picked it up.

I suspect from this response you can see that I believe you need another option.

Should we shoot the idiots who try to run our lives?

Cheers

Bez__

You are a little kinder than what I would be.

On another thought, since when is WALKING considered punishment for kids? Most of the overweight kids I see around here have no idea what it is like to be outside. They sit on the couch and play video games or text all day and eat junk food. WALKING and RUNNING were a normal part of a kids life while I was growing up and I walked about 1/2 mile to school in elementary school. Later we moved to the country and we walked quite a ways in order to catch the bus.

I read through this thread and came the conclusion that some kids will become their own person regardless of how much we try to mold them into the person we think they should be. I raised two kids one boy and one girl. Had to use different techniques on each of them. Just think the Duggers have twenty kids an twenty different personalities to deal with I do not envy them. Another thing when raising kids there is always some neighbor or relative trying to butt in upsurp what you are trying to do.

Latest posts