It Started

Help Support CattleToday:

About time for you to do something. I heard all you have done this summer was lay in the shade. :lol:
Good luck with calving. Going to be tough on them in this heat.

Why does anyone want to calve in the lazy days of summer? It's hot out, even though the nights are gonna' cool off soon, there's too much grass so you don't get to feed hay, and nothing uses your calving barns, so they're useless. Sure will be glad to see Feb. and calve like a normal person. gs

plumber_greg":loaowdrw said:
Why does anyone want to calve in the lazy days of summer? It's hot out, even though the nights are gonna' cool off soon, there's too much grass so you don't get to feed hay, and nothing uses your calving barns, so they're useless. Sure will be glad to see Feb. and calve like a normal person. gs
Just go tend your birds

jedstivers":2fclj529 said:
kenny thomas":2fclj529 said:
About time for you to do something. I heard all you have done this summer was lay in the shade. :lol:
Yep Kenny, it's gonna be rough on him having to go to work.
Naw it won't be too hard just drive thru the pastures checking and when I find one make the gate opener get out and tag it, now and then if a momma trys to slobber in her pockets I might get out and keep it from wollering her plum into the ground but that don't happen but a couple time a season

Angus Cowman":2j2bly1p said:
jedstivers":2j2bly1p said:
kenny thomas":2j2bly1p said:
Yep Kenny, it's gonna be rough on him having to go to work.
Naw it won't be too hard just drive thru the pastures checking and when I find one make the gate opener get out and tag it, now and then if a momma trys to slobber in her pockets I might get out and keep it from wollering her plum into the ground but that don't happen but a couple time a season
That's the truth if he ever told it.

Angus Cowman":glxzes2l said:
Heck she isn't even mad when I threw her thru the windshield (shattered it with her head)in the truck yesterday when I hit a stump with HER truck while checking calves

see she really does love me :heart: :heart:
Let us know if she feels the same way after her concussion wears off! :)

Just gotta no why a man with a bulldozer would leave a stump in the feild?? Have heard you have been demoted to gate opener and calf catcher till that stump is gone and her truck is fixed.

well calving season sure hasn't started to good for me had 3 live healthy ones, set of twins dead,another healthy one,then a deformed one this morning and another healthy one this afternoon so a 37.5% death loss so far
sure hope it gets better on the next 150 or so

74% calving complete in 34 days looks like my bulls done good
Now if I could just get the rest of them hfrs to calve that were bred to that Queer Arkansas bull I would be doing better
looks like he bred a few then got lazy and had to go rest awhile nothing out of him in the last 10 days
I figgered at least them flatland Arkies were good at reproducing :lol: :lol:

Started calving heifers on 9/12 and cows begin a cycle later. First calf this year was a purebred simmental heifer:

CE: 13.9; BW: -3.4; WW: 49.4; YW: 85.9; MCE: 4.8; MM: 5.6; BF: -.01 Marb: 0.54; REA: 0.24; CW: +11.3
API = 140 TI = 86 (Top 1% for PB Simmental across the board)

We'll see ya in the show ring.

JustSimms

Latest posts