It pays to be patient

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
I was pricing pipe the last few weeks and found a pretty good deal. Found the deal through a friend of mine who knew a fella in this business and traded with him. Made arrangements for the fella to deliver the load today sometime around lunch. Lunch went by and no pipe. I picked up a brush and started painting the barn and before I knew it it was 4:30 and still no pipe. Called my friend and asked if he had heard anything from his buddy the pipe guy. He said he'd call him and find out what was going on. Turns out the fella's mother had died during the night. I'm so glad this wasn't thirty years ago when I was so important. I might had made an a$$ of myself. :oops:

Jogeephus":107mnd1d said:
I was pricing pipe the last few weeks and found a pretty good deal. Found the deal through a friend of mine who knew a fella in this business and traded with him. Made arrangements for the fella to deliver the load today sometime around lunch. Lunch went by and no pipe. I picked up a brush and started painting the barn and before I knew it it was 4:30 and still no pipe. Called my friend and asked if he had heard anything from his buddy the pipe guy. He said he'd call him and find out what was going on. Turns out the fella's mother had died during the night. I'm so glad this wasn't thirty years ago when I was so important. I might had made an a$$ of myself. :oops:

:nod:

when im expecting or waiting on something tobe delivered i try not to get to jumpy.because as you foundout something could happen to delay it.