Is this your right?

Help Support CattleToday:

Alan

Reaction score
Yes it is and he's a hero. 71 yrs old, in an Internet cafe, wounded both robbers, both were caught. He has a conceal permit and off Scott free. Happened on 7/13/12.

[youtube]Mm9o3vhKoF8[/youtube]

I love it when I see stuff like that happen. In Georgia it is. Too bad places more places don't learn that a cop can't be everywhere and most people are law abiding citizens. Did you happen to see where Bush's pilot capped those two guys robbing the Subway in Florida? Spectactular.

Enjoy it while you can. That freakin ahole Bloomberg from NYC is already screaming for more gun control. I wish they would work on insanity instead.

3waycross":2qmfw7yh said:
Enjoy it while you can. That freakin ahole Bloomberg from NYC is already screaming for more gun control. I wish they would work on insanity instead.
The last 10 years or so no one wanted to play games with the NRA and right to carry lobbies.
But everytime something big happens its up in the news again, and couple that with the UN bull shyt, I see another fight on our hands akin the order of the Brady bill but more comprehensive.
That and prices shooting up again on ammo and guns.
Sad when guns and ammo has become another commodity who's prices fluctuate on fear and speculation.

My NRA membership, I am reluctant to admit, has been an on again, off again thing through the years. Just get sidetracked and forget about renewal, lose interest, get aggravated with all the junk mail, etc.
But NRA has made a much needed difference politically.
So I have repented and joined as a life member so I will have no worry about remembering to renew my membership.
I took this action, believe it or not, the day before the Colorado shootings.

Yes it's my right to protect myself and my family. Job well done just a shame he didn't head shoot them.

Ryder":oiceuzy9 said:
My NRA membership, I am reluctant to admit, has been an on again, off again thing through the years. Just get sidetracked and forget about renewal, lose interest, get aggravated with all the junk mail, etc.
But NRA has made a much needed difference politically.
So I have repented and joined as a life member so I will have no worry about remembering to renew my membership.
I took this action, believe it or not, the day before the Colorado shootings.

thank you for rejoining
i been a life member over 20 years
way to go for the hero that stood up for whats right

Ryder":1inxvl5v said:
My NRA membership, I am reluctant to admit, has been an on again, off again thing through the years... get aggravated with all the junk mail, etc.
I'll admit fully that mine lasted about two months. I like what they do for us but when you send them money and three-quarters of what you spent comes back in junk mail it's hard to feel like your dollar went to help it's intended purpose.
They'd be alot better served to use their money to make real change so that people with the political sense to see through all the advertising bs could give real help that would be spent on real help instead of advertising which is mostly geared to people who have no money to give.

If it wasn't for the NRA there wouldn't be any 2nd amendment anymore.
They are a lobby. One that I support. And one of the jobs
of a lobby is to get as much support as they can. Junk mail used to be the cheapest and most effective way. Many years ago I used to telemarket for the NRA trying to sign people up.
Was that a waste of their funds also? I think not.

hooknline":1cqvi23z said:
Junk mail used to be the cheapest and most effective way. .
That's the problem that I have with the whole equation. Paper and postage costs money. I started getting paper and postage before I ever joined so I know upfront that my dollars were not going into the lobbying effort. Then you start getting into gun sweepstakes etc, etc... alot of it is geared towards keeping gun enthusiasts excited and it's most likely at a break even cost. There are ignorant people on both sides of the equation... it's a waste of time and money trying to get them stirred up politically and yet there's tons of money geared towards getting people excited?
I think the NRA would be better served to cut their promotional dollars in half and milk the cows that really believe there's a calf to be fed and that are capable of feeding a calf. :D

cow pollinater":hzt40dea said:
hooknline":hzt40dea said:
Junk mail used to be the cheapest and most effective way. .
That's the problem that I have with the whole equation. Paper and postage costs money. I started getting paper and postage before I ever joined so I know upfront that my dollars were not going into the lobbying effort. Then you start getting into gun sweepstakes etc, etc... alot of it is geared towards keeping gun enthusiasts excited and it's most likely at a break even cost. There are ignorant people on both sides of the equation... it's a waste of time and money trying to get them stirred up politically and yet there's tons of money geared towards getting people excited?
I think the NRA would be better served to cut their promotional dollars in half and milk the cows that really believe there's a calf to be fed and that are capable of feeding a calf. :D
CP, I agree with your post. NRA spends tons of money bugging you, bugging you, begging you, when those $$ could be better spent elsewhere. We have a lifetime membership here. I don't agree with every little thing NRA says -- I don't think everyone needs to have a fully auto rifle; I would not be opposed to some tightening up on gun show sales of handguns. BUT, if you give an inch, you can lose a mile . . . .

Every business has advertising cost. Stop advertising and you go out of business. It's simple business facts. The NRA is in the business of lobbying for something that a lot of people don't agree with. That requires even more people to be aware of the need for them protecting our rights. Cause sure as shyt no one else is. Politicians don't give a rats ass.
How do you propose they reach out to drum up new business? Even my small business advertises via print media that some would consider junk. But besides word of mouth it's the most effective and cheapest method of advertising

Hook,
I see it as fueling fire from people that already agree with you. They'll vote pro-gun no mattrer how much promotion we send their way... They're pro-gun people and there's no need to stir the flame as they're already on your team and you'll get pennies if you do. The big bang for the buck comes from quiet suggestions behind closed doors to big time donors that don't fall for the advertising.
I'd be willing to bet that more real money has been scared away from the NRA by the agressivness of the advertising than has been brought in.

hooknline":3u950yzy said:
Every business has advertising cost. Stop advertising and you go out of business. It's simple business facts.
My personal business relies on the trust that every day I'll spend the customers dollars in the most effective way... biggest bang for the buck. I'd get fired if I wasted semen money on break even cows instead of sending them to beef.

I'd be willing to bet that you are wrong. Especially the last 20 years but not so much the last 10 years( the anti gun movement has been quiet latly)
Everytime some nutjob shoots people up the antiguan groups uses it as their poster child. It's already begun from yesterday's events.
But on the other end of the spectrum, that also reminds some how important the 2nd amendment is. And that increases donations I'm sure.
You and kathie are truly the first people I've ever heard that said the NRA advertises too much, to
The point of pushing you away.
How ever you do it, make sure you stand up for your 2nd rights. Every vote in the house and senate you should be on the phone or writing letters.
If you can't do that, the NRA is happy to do it for you. Because that's exactly what they are there for.

cow pollinater":3e1krylv said:
hooknline":3e1krylv said:
Every business has advertising cost. Stop advertising and you go out of business. It's simple business facts.
My personal business relies on the trust that every day I'll spend the customers dollars in the most effective way... biggest bang for the buck. I'd get fired if I wasted semen money on break even cows instead of sending them to beef.
That's great for you but most business need to advertise to maintain or grow.

Latest posts