Is this springing??

Help Support CattleToday:

Congrats! How big would you say that little girl is? She looks pretty big!

Congrats on the new baby, my favorite time of the year is calving time! Please be careful when you get around the new mamma and baby, a mamma cow no matter how gentle can get very protective of her new born. I am speaking from experience, they can put a hurt on you in short order. They aren't mean just doing what mother nature has instilled in them. :clap: I know your tickled with that calf.

gizmom

Thanks gizmom... yes very excited over here now anxious for the next 2 to calve . And we are taking the precautions when around the calf and mom but like you said it's not that they are meant just protecting there baby. Biggest lesson we learned in case anyone who hasn't experienced birth of a calf is let the mom do her thing and give her ...her space. We where trying to be close in case she needed help but it seemed like she would be too worried about us to actually push the calf out so we found a spot where we could see her but she couldn't see us and within 20 minutes the calf was out

Dohcvtec":brhafno9 said:
Thanks gizmom... yes very excited over here now anxious for the next 2 to calve . And we are taking the precautions when around the calf and mom but like you said it's not that they are meant just protecting there baby. Biggest lesson we learned in case anyone who hasn't experienced birth of a calf is let the mom do her thing and give her ...her space. We where trying to be close in case she needed help but it seemed like she would be too worried about us to actually push the calf out so we found a spot where we could see her but she couldn't see us and within 20 minutes the calf was out
:nod: A watched pot never boils! LOL Congrats on the unassisted birth! B&G

Latest posts