IRS

Help Support CattleToday:

dun

Reaction score
a neighboe is being audited and the IRS wants death certificates on the animals he has bought that died. Anyone ever hear of such a thing?

dun":1fclb2po said:
a neighboe is being audited and the IRS wants death certificates on the animals he has bought that died. Anyone ever hear of such a thing?
tell him to say, i got a airplane and aint scared too use it

As a matter of fact I issue them. $100/hd plus travel expenses. I will come out to your place, you show me the dead animal and I will give you a certicate if I agree that it's dead. All money is paid up front of course. Business is slow around here so I've been looking for a place to expand my practice. Or if you would like Dun, you can get in on the ground floor and open up your own franchise. You keep 90% of the profits! You gotta admit that's not too shabby.

Kind of sounds like a city auditor trying to audit a farmer.

dun":k4e7x5qr said:

This would be funny if it wasn't true, next he will want the birth certicate.
This is the reason we need to do away with the IRS and go to a flat sales tax ,everyone pays.
This loon will make your neighbors life a living he!! for a while.

Caustic Burno":2qncomm7 said:
This loon will make your neighbors life a living he!! for a while.
Audit hasn;t even started yet, they're still trying to gather the strange stuff that he wants them to have. At least the CPA that does their taxes is reprsenting them, maybe he can explain things to the auditor.

Fire up the hoe and dig 'em up. Put them int he dump trailer and haul them to him.

"OOPS!! Just missed him. He must be out to lunch. Guess I can dump them here by the front door so he can count 'em."

> This is the reason we need to do away with the IRS and go to a flat sales tax ,everyone pays.

Flat Sales Tax? Why not a flat tax on gross. Everyone, including the corporations pay the same rate. About 10% would bring in more taxes than the present system. Throw out the IRS employees and all their books. :hat:

gimpyrancher":3o0jr1wv said:
> This is the reason we need to do away with the IRS and go to a flat sales tax ,everyone pays.

Flat Sales Tax? Why not a flat tax on gross. Everyone, including the corporations pay the same rate. About 10% would bring in more taxes than the present system. Throw out the IRS employees and all their books. :hat:

It would expand the economy, provide more jobs, provide more income for investors, and be a fair system for all. You'd never get such a measure passed.

gimpyrancher":2mj9q0cw said:

I have thought about that and it sounds good except goods will increase by that amount so we are getting taxed twice. But you do have a valid point sure beat the 25 or 30 times we are taxed now.

Just reassign the IRS employees to the borders and let them become border agents. That way they will not have to go on unemployment and they will still be providing a service.

alacattleman":1hish491 said:
dun":1hish491 said:
tell him to say, i got a airplane and aint scared too use it

I don't think that is funny, but it sure is funny. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Caustic Burno":3mrb8mrx said:
gimpyrancher":3mrb8mrx said:

I have thought about that and it sounds good except goods will increase by that amount so we are getting taxed twice. But you do have a valid point sure beat the 25 or 30 times we are taxed now.

It would be more than twice since raw materials are handled several times but you are right. Scary thing is that congress is really intrigued by the idea of a value added tax system and its in some serious discussion at the moment. With this system your calf will be taxed every time it changes ownership through the supply chain. Its surprising how many in congress are seriously thinking along these lines.

Dun, I pity your neighbor. We went through this about 18 years ago but we were accused of hiding a mature forest and replacing it with 4 year old saplings. This was quite a feat given the acreage involved. We had to go to federal court and supply the judge with georeferenced aerial images to prove we didn't move the trees. After two years and many many dollars we won the case with every bit of our costs deductible from the original tax liability. Outside the federal courthouse the IRS agent and their attorney were overheard laughing about the trouble they caused. What they didn't seem to care about was they would have made more money by accepting the original amount rather than getting greedy and making false accusations but it was obvious that they didn't care. What your neighbor may find is they can make all the accusations they want and it will be on his back to refute them. This is intentional and meant to wear him down. He is guilty until he proves otherwise. That's just the way it works. What's amazing is that more people haven't taken up flying.

dun":2xnh32hw said:

Sounds like that IRS guy is a member of PETA-if this is true, there is something wrong with govt agencies-and you all wonder why that guy flew his plane into the IRS building. My friend said these 2 agencies will push you over the edge the IRS and any insurance company-kind of makes sense.

We currently pay way more tax than most people think. We are all aware of income tax and sales tax. We often don't think about gas tax, social security tax or the matching social security tax our employer pays that we don't see. But, we also pay taxes imbedded in the products we purchase. Your local utility company is paying a corporate income tax, gas tax, whatever other taxes companies pay and pass this cost on to you. Just about every thing you buy at the store has an imbedded tax that we don't see on top of the sales tax. Then of course we have property taxes and all sorts of utility taxes. Basically the government has made sure we can't live without paying taxes somehow. If you work you pay taxes. If you buy anything you pay taxes. If you live somewhere you pay taxes. Unless the government is giving it all too you.

Walt

Latest posts