IRS

Help Support CattleToday:

M5farm

Reaction score
I had to visit the local IRS office today it a 10 x10 room with 12 chairs and 3 stations. all chairs were full and 1 person working. I was blown away that the office does not talk to the people in a discrete manner cause I heard every question and answer that was given. The Irs person was a sad man that apparently has a miserable life.

What amazed me the most is how he over used the word WE and I in reference to the IRS. he also used "lots Of trouble" a lot. One guy in particular owed some back taxes. He looked as if he was just an uneducated laborer and was very polite. the IRS dude was going thru his taxes and asked if he had any dependents he said yes but could not spell her name and he didn't understand what married filing single was. the IRS guy kept asking how and when he was going to pay HIM(IRS). My turn came and I handed him my paperwork and he looked over it and thanked me and there was not an out loud discussion with anything pertinent. Oh and there was a picture of BHO on the wall staring at us. I left there shaking my head at the incompetence of our general public.

The S'S office is the same way here. But they had a armed guard sitting in the corner. I don't know if I could legally carry or not in there. He never asked so all was well.

highgrit":3durenvq said:
The S'S office is the same way here. But they had a armed guard sitting in the corner. I don't know if I could legally carry or not in there. He never asked so all was well.
They had an armed guard to. He looked about 90.

highgrit":1npmtp3t said:
The S'S office is the same way here. But they had a armed guard sitting in the corner.

Yeah, what's up with that? I noticed that @ the Soc. Sec. here. The first time I have ever been in the place, about a year ago, to find out more info about some odd-ball information showing up on a report. I wondered why there would be a need for an armed guard. I also found it a bit unsettling that there was no discretion what so ever.

Katherine

highgrit":16k153un said:
The worst part of the whole thing was seeing that picture.

I agree it was a little creepy.
Jogeephus":16k153un said:
Was he actually saying We or Ve? (think gestapo)

It had that feel to it. There was a guy that came in that was complaining about the wait and he was really pissing off the IRS man. I sure an audit is in his future.

Dave":2uzhxhuj said:
highgrit":2uzhxhuj said:
The worst part of the whole thing was seeing that picture.

Go to any federal office and you will find that picture hanging on the wall.

Yeah, and I have dibs on one of them hanging at a certain office. Got the perfect place to hang it when they replace it.

highgrit":300f0igd said:
I would of figured you had in-door plumbing by now.

Charmin is king here. Nah, I thought I'd staple it to a backstop on the range and charge admission. $1.00 a round. :mrgreen: Or is that too cheap?

I wish the Feds would go to a sales tax like we have here in Texas that way they could do away with most of the IRS and you wouldn't have to mess with filing taxes every spring I hate that crap every year

Been some talk about "Flat Tax" and other varieties....seems regardless of how it starts off the final version ends up with a bunch of exceptions . then you end up with the same mess we have now.

TexasBred":2aia1d9u said:
Been some talk about "Flat Tax" and other varieties....seems regardless of how it starts off the final version ends up with a bunch of exceptions . then you end up with the same mess we have now.
Only with a flat tax on top of it all....

Latest posts