(Irma) Vessel lost

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

http://fisherynation.com/archives/63163 Bad decision on Captain. Getting caught in unexpected weather is on thing. Riding out a hurricane of this magnitude behind Dry Tortugus was very foolish. Especially since it was predicted so far in advance. Now the Capt has to live with the loss of his deckhand.

zirlottkim":26ffm2mn said:
http://fisherynation.com/archives/63163 Bad decision on Captain. Getting caught in unexpected weather is on thing. Riding out a hurricane of this magnitude behind Dry Tortugus was very foolish. Especially since it was predicted so far in advance. Now the Capt has to live with the loss of his deckhand.

I wouldn't want to ride one out on an aircraft carrier much less a shrimp trawler.

I road out several hurricanes off cape hataras. Also several typhoons in the south china sea. None were as bad as a severe storm in the north atlantic.

boondocks":2updcp8z said:
Brute 23":2updcp8z said:
They had another story of two people anchored on a little dinky sail boat some where in Florida. Local sheriff dept had to go out in a boat and rescue them during the storm.

You mean these geniuses? Unreal they put responders' lives at risk. https://www.cbsnews.com/news/hurricane- ... from-boat/

The conditions there don't look too bad and the yacht does not seem in danger, I bet they just got so seasick that they called for help. No excuse for being out in it though. Bad judgement.

Ken

Law Enforcement Officers going towards danger and answering the call while risking their own lives. Happens every day.

when idiots need to be rescued due to their own stupidity....

I think there should be a 10,000 dollar charge....and 80% of the charge should go directly to the rescuers who risk their life to save some idiot.

pdfangus":1nd171fy said:
when idiots need to be rescued due to their own stupidity....

I think there should be a 10,000 dollar charge....and 80% of the charge should go directly to the rescuers who risk their life to save some idiot.

Maybe they should be required to sell their "toy" to pay the fine! Might eliminate further incidents, since stupid is slow to heal.

WELL, I don't think it should be limited to boaters....
mountain climbers who have a climbing wreck come to mind
people who are warned and refuse to evacuate and then have disaster and need to be rescued
people who on purpose run with fighting bulls
Those who bear hunt with a switch
dare devils who insist on living on the edge in all sorts of endeavors....
don't get me wrong.....
I THINK THEY HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO LIVE AS THEY WANT...
but the rescues should not be taxpayer subsidized or imperil the rescuers.

pdfangus":2zuah715 said:
WELL, I don't think it should be limited to boaters....
mountain climbers who have a climbing wreck come to mind
people who are warned and refuse to evacuate and then have disaster and need to be rescued
people who on purpose run with fighting bulls
Those who bear hunt with a switch
dare devils who insist on living on the edge in all sorts of endeavors....
don't get me wrong.....
I THINK THEY HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO LIVE AS THEY WANT...
but the rescues should not be taxpayer subsidized or imperil the rescuers.

Don't forget equine activities. Inherently dangerous
We already have laws in Texas preventing lawsuits for equine related injuries. And of course if you include running with the bulls it's only a short step to include being around bulls.

A mandatory evacuation is one thing. Similar to Martial law. And I'm all for fineiing those idiots. But you give the government to wide a brush on such matters and you can bet it will become abused

pdfangus":234pmtx3 said:
MY POINT IS THAT
if you are going to live on the edge you should not expect someone to be there to catch you when you fall.

I agree , you don't have to yell.
My point is the edge can't be defined. So it's either gotta be taxpayer funded or customer funded. It can't be both.
Unless of course you think that when someone gets fined that money will be credited back to the taxpayers..

Once again mandatory evacuation is a very different situation. Than other dangerous activities. Like driving a car.

not yelling....

i use caps a lot in labeling stuff at work and am just used to seeing caps.

often forget that other folks are touchy about it....

Latest posts