investments

Help Support CattleToday:

gerardplauche":2iaftziu said:
TexasBred":2iaftziu said:
Cattle Rack Rancher":2iaftziu said:
Well, you know what they say. The difference between the rich and the poor is that the poor work for their money and the rich make their money work for them. The difference between a 6% and a 12% Return On Investment compounded over time is huge and the longer the term, the better off you are. There is a theory called the ball theory of economics that likens your chances of economic success to a ball that grows every year. The object is to try and get on top of the ball and ride it up as it grows. Obviously when the ball is small and you have a longer time horizon, its easier to get on top of the ball. As the ball gets larger and your time horizon shortens, it becomes more difficult to climb onto that ball until at some point, the ball becomes so large that you are trying to climb from the under side which is pretty much impossible. So, the moral is that the quicker you get on the ball when it comes to retirement planning, the more likely you are to be financially successful. Good Luck.

Well said....funny how we won't invest in a moderate to high risk fund yet we invest in the cattle business. Guess stocks just ain't a big enough challenge. :lol:

If " ifs and buts were candy and nuts we'd all have a merry christmas"......Dandy Don Meridith. lol

I bet if we could feed high risk stocks to stimulate growth, we would all be buying them up! :lol2:

And you still pay a commission when you sell.

TexasBred":n08svk55 said:
Beef08":n08svk55 said:
what bout investing in real estate???

Somebody say "commission"???? :tiphat:

Mississippi... :( If you come to Texas I will help you invest in real estate. :D

Its like every thing else, if you know your market and make smart choices you will do good. What is nice about real estate is, in my opinion, you have more control over developing your investment, to meet your goal. When you invest in stocks you invest in some thing you have ZERO control over other than to buy or sell.