Injector Pump

Help Support CattleToday:

kaneranch

Reaction score
Has any one ever had an injector pump on a diesel engine go out. What kind of things does your truck do when it is going out. Any info would be apprieciated. Thanks Kane Ranch

kaneranch":210fo2a8 said:
Has any one ever had an injector pump on a diesel engine go out. What kind of things does your truck do when it is going out. Any info would be apprieciated. Thanks Kane Ranch
See water in diesel.

Ive not had that experience yet but I would imagine that less fuel would be ejected by each pump stroke . So each cylinder would get less fuel injected to it and there would be a slow, gradual loss of power.

If something breaks or sticks it would be more noticeable I suppose and undoing each fuel line into the injectors one at a time would give one or more cylinders where no difference is noticed in the engine and not as much fuel coming out from the nut that's open

kaneranch":t8hkk2bh said:

What model truck?

Symptoms include anything from a random miss to puking smoke to no start. Replace your lift pump first. I dropped $550 into a pos truck a few years back because I had just changed the lift pump a year or so earlier and "it couldn't be the lift pump." :roll: (The lift pump was still under warranty.)

cfpinz

if your sure its the pump Id asses the value of the truck... just to get one rebuilt will run you any where from 500$ plus...A new one is around 1200-1500$ symptoms are not starting losing prime, bad idle, ahrd to say without knowing what were looking at...

Latest posts