Information overload and a little disappointed?

Help Support CattleToday:

Big Cheese":3u8z3nmi said:
Longhorn beef is supposedly the healthiest beef you can get. It is really lean and not real fatty.
No offense but I don't believe for a minute all the gov BS about fat. We didn't start getting fat until we started eating like livestock (grain fed). I can't stand "dry" meat, BRING ON THE FAT!

Kell-inKY":2nxhhx15 said:
Big Cheese":2nxhhx15 said:
Longhorn beef is supposedly the healthiest beef you can get. It is really lean and not real fatty.
No offense but I don't believe for a minute all the gov BS about fat. We didn't start getting fat until we started eating like livestock (grain fed). I can't stand "dry" meat, BRING ON THE FAT!

He11 yes! I'm down with Crestor! Bring on the grain finished beef! If you need a knife, then you didn't finish it right or overcooked it! :D

Red Bull Breeder":24fngb00 said:
I don't think most Doctors would no one breed of cow from another. Any breed can be lean depending on the amount of feed or lack of.

I agree with this as well, though I'm not sure any amount of grain will fatten a longhorn. :D I don't think it's the government or doctors touting longhorn beef. From what I've seen, it's mostly longhorn breeders looking for an outlet for culls other than the salebarn, or people trying to make a quick buck selling freezer beef from the cheapest cattle they can find.

Kell-inKY":10uvxfm5 said:
Big Cheese":10uvxfm5 said:

That fat will kill you got my Great Grandma at 105 in 1964 ate bacon and eggs every morning
sausage or a pork chop every evening all cooked in hog lard. Got my Grandpa at 96.
The difference is those people worked. Secondly you can't fool ma nature with life style
and your dna can't out run father time.

Latest posts