Possibly a little Dexter?

Help Support CattleToday:

How much less will that bring? I have quit buying bred cows unless i plan on selling them before they calve. At least with a calf at side i know what the potential is for tge current year.

How much less will that bring? I have quit buying bred cows unless i plan on selling them before they calve. At least with a calf at side i know what the potential is for tge current year.
I know there's a chance of getting a mini, but all the bred cows we have bought had good calves except one.
It's a nice calf and the cow gives a lot of milk but the calf is small.

I don't think the risk of purchasing any of the smaller breeds is very high for most of you involved in ranching.
The chance of any of you confusing a Dexter Bull or Cow (red or black) for an American Angus, Limousine, American Simmental etc, is pretty slim. Most of your replacement heifers are either taken from your own herd or purchased from reputable producers.

For those of you that like to roll the dice at the Sale Barns or on Craigslist, you may on a rare occasion wind up with something you had not planned on. When rolling the dice I believe that is what is referred to as "Snake Eyes".

Little calves do grow.

Attachments

• G-3-19.jpg
    G-3-19.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 4
  • G-3-31.jpg
    G-3-31.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 4
  • G-4-9.jpg
    G-4-9.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 4
  • G-4-24.jpg