Indigenous peoples march heckled

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigfoot

Reaction score
I don't know who has followed the supposed heckling of the indigenous peoples march, and who hasn't but it is not what it appears to be. I couldn't post enough news stories to ever tell the whole tale. Basically, the teenagers were standing on the steps as a gathering place to catch their bus. They were chanting school fight songs and being goofy, but not behaving out of the ordinary for teenagers. They had been harassed by several different groups for their attire, but had not retaliated. For some reason, the man banging the drum came and inserted himself in their group. Got in students faces, beating the drum and singing. He was not invited, and they did not go to him. He made the conscious decision to walk in to the middle of them, as they waited for the bus. He then went from person to person banging his drum and singing in their faces. Went viral quick, as something it wasn't.

I would say that both sides have the same free speech protection. If you care to be offended that is fine also. 8)

It was on This Week with George Stephanopoulos. Based on that story - and they had footage showing the encounter - the young man got uncomfortably into the native American's space. He didn't do anything but it was clearly an attempt to intimidate.

US Senator from Oklahoma (a Republican) was on the show and condemned the action of the young man. I assume the Senator knew what he was talking about, it occurred in Oklahoma. Who knows?

Serious question. Would it even be a story without the maga hats? I mean seriously, it would read teenager stands near man.

Bright Raven":skcr02fp said:
It was on This Week with George Stephanopoulos. Based on that story - and they had footage showing the encounter - the young man got uncomfortably into the native American's space. He didn't do anything but it was clearly an attempt to intimidate.

US Senator from Oklahoma (a Republican) was on the show and condemned the action of the young man. I assume the Senator knew what he was talking about, it occurred in Oklahoma. Who knows?

Ron did you watch the whole videos in the link I posted? It tells a different story but its long and requires more time than click bait does.

Bigfoot":1bd8cey1 said:
Serious question. Would it even be a story without the maga hats? I mean seriously, it would read teenager stands near man.

Absolutely would be a story. In fact, the MAGA hat was not mentioned.

I thought the Republican Senator from Oklahoma nailed it. He was extremely well mannered and intelligent. It made me wonder why people like him do not run for president instead of the trash we get. Not meaning just Trump. It is sad we don't get good people running for President.

Jogeephus":1lpxt5oq said:
Bright Raven":1lpxt5oq said:

Ron did you watch the whole videos in the link I posted? It tells a different story but its long and requires more time than click bait does.

I did. That is why I said "who knows". There is fake news on both sides now. I think True Grit is right. You cannot believe anything.

Bigfoot":d0idw9ja said:
There were a bunch of high school kids doing a nazi salute recently. None were wearing a MAGA hat.

This happened at the Lincoln Memorial in DC. The boys were there with their school for the "Right to Life" march and the Native Americans were there for the "The Indigenous Peoples March". I have seen two totally different accounts of what happened. The one Bigfoot posted and also one that says the boys were heckling a couple of black men and were mocking the Native American dance that was being performed and the Native Americans approached to get between the boys and others. No dispute that the Native American group approached the boys, the question is were they trying to get between the boys and others or did the Native Americans instigate?

Both groups had every right to be there though.

Its amazing how the same people keep showing up in the news offended over something. Its almost as if ……

Bestoutwest":3ak4e7fl said:
Jogeephus":3ak4e7fl said:
This ain't this injun's first rodeo and he's been in the news before for doing the same. This is his way of getting his 15 minutes of fame like Elizabeth.

http://www.informationliberation.com/?i ... d4Jot1YnPk

Injun? Seriously?

That's how Disney spells it and if you can't trust Disney then who can you trust?

sstterry":3pz8p3cq said:
This happened at the Lincoln Memorial in DC. The boys were there with their school for the "Right to Life" march and the Native Americans were there for the "The Indigenous Peoples March". I have seen two totally different accounts of what happened. The one Bigfoot posted and also one that says the boys were heckling a couple of black men and were mocking the Native American dance that was being performed and the Native Americans approached to get between the boys and others. No dispute that the Native American group approached the boys, the question is were they trying to get between the boys and others or did the Native Americans instigate?

Both groups had every right to be there though.

I was incorrect. It did not occur in Oklahoma but the Indian group was from Oklahoma.

Jogeephus":14ko999e said:
Its amazing how the same people keep showing up in the news offended over something. Its almost as if ……

Bestoutwest":14ko999e said:
Jogeephus":14ko999e said:
This ain't this injun's first rodeo and he's been in the news before for doing the same. This is his way of getting his 15 minutes of fame like Elizabeth.

Injun? Seriously?

That's how Disney spells it and if you can't trust Disney then who can you trust?

Jo. Come on. You have graduated beyond the cartoon phase.

Seriously, you know better than that.

There is a video floating around on Twitter that does show the boys and some blacks folks having words before the Native Americans approach. Sorry, I can't post it because I don't know how to link to Twitter.

Jogeephus":93m57nqt said:

Bestoutwest":93m57nqt said:
Jogeephus":93m57nqt said:

Injun? Seriously?

That was Disney of the 40's and 50's.

Status
Not open for further replies.