Indigenous peoples march heckled

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
sstterry":1k2k9ldw said:
There is a video floating around on Twitter that does show the boys and some blacks folks having words before the Native Americans approach. Sorry, I can't post it because I don't know how to link to Twitter.

Everyone has an agenda. Hard to sort anything out. These times call for a very objective mind.

I just watched the Twitter video I mentioned again and it appears the Black folks started harassing the kids for their hats and the kids started yelling back (no racial slurs though). That is when the Native American group came and got between them.

I think that the hat and the kid's smirk is what made this go viral. The kids have every right to be wearing the hats and marching, but if I caught my son smirking like that to his elder, I would smack him into next week.

sstterry":2xajf5rp said:
I just watched the Twitter video I mentioned again and it appears the Black folks started harassing the kids for their hats and the kids started yelling back (no racial slurs though). That is when the Native American group came and got between them.

I think that the hat and the kid's smirk is what made this go viral. The kids have every right to be wearing the hats and marching, but I caught my son smirking like that to his elder, I would smack him into next week.

That is why Senator Lankford (R-Oklahoma) condemned the action of the youth. It was disrespectful of the elder.

Bright Raven":2m87qcdl said:
Jogeephus":2m87qcdl said:
Its amazing how the same people keep showing up in the news offended over something. Its almost as if ……

Bestoutwest":2m87qcdl said:
Injun? Seriously?

That's how Disney spells it and if you can't trust Disney then who can you trust?

Jo. Come on. You have graduated beyond the cartoon phase.

Seriously, you know better than that.

Respect is earned and I don't respect a guy who has a history of doing stuff like this especially when he is screwing with teenagers.

The problem we have today is everyone wants to be "special" rather than being american. I see a huge problem with this because it divides the country and ends up marginalizing more people. This old drummer and the rest of the gang was looking to be on the news.

This looks like one of those issues, were depending on which team your batting for is how you see it. Interesting. Seemed cut and dry to me.

Bright Raven":3c5gj18m said:
sstterry":3c5gj18m said:

I think that the hat and the kid's smirk is what made this go viral. The kids have every right to be wearing the hats and marching, but I caught my son smirking like that to his elder, I would smack him into next week.

That is why Senator Lankford (R-Oklahoma) condemned the action of the youth. It was disrespectful of the elder.

I have plenty of faults. I mean plenty. One positive thing I have is a very healthy dose of respect for my elders. But if Lankford wants to condemn these kids disrespect for their elders, in order to be fair and objective, he's just opened a can of worms bc disrespect towards elders among kids is running rampant! He's got a lot of work to do!!

I can tolerate a lot of things but that ain't one of them. Respect is free. Same as manners and cleaning up. Doesn't cost anything.

DISCLAIMER: I have watched none of the videos. I have no idea what happened or who, if anyone, is in the right or wrong. This is simply a reply to the referenced post.

Bigfoot":1q89o6j5 said:
This looks like one of those issues, were depending on which team your batting for is how you see it. Interesting. Seemed cut and dry to me.

I am not carrying anyone's water. I listened to a Senator Lankford discuss this. It involved as I remember, a group of native Americans from Oklahoma. He condemned the your boy. I assumed he knew the,story behind the video.

The kid did appear disrespectful but the media may have cherry picked the footage that was the most incriminating.

sstterry":v2df7eok said:
There is a video floating around on Twitter that does show the boys and some blacks folks having words before the Native Americans approach. Sorry, I can't post it because I don't know how to link to Twitter.
It is in the link Jo published

Bright Raven":gqpwnu94 said:
Bigfoot":gqpwnu94 said:

I am not carrying anyone's water. I listened to a Senator Lankford discuss this. It involved as I remember, a group of native Americans from Oklahoma. He condemned the your boy. I assumed he knew the,story behind the video.

The kid did appear disrespectful but the media may have cherry picked the footage that was the most incriminating.

I honestly don't know what my reaction would be now, or at 17 if a total stranger walked up and beat a drum in my face while singing/chanting. Not sure what a respectful response would look like. It's so removed from normal behavior, that it almost illicit an abnormal response.

HDRider":2gkdraw5 said:
The kids got played

Definitely, which I think is what bothers me about it. Painted to the public as one thing, when the truth is they didn't have enough life experiences to know how to react.

ez14.":1megc14m said:
Bigfoot do you have any ties to this story?

That school edges our school out in the state football tournament every year. Only way I'm even familiar with where it even is.

Bright Raven":1b0a4ey5 said:
ez14.":1b0a4ey5 said:

That was his son in the picture.

The blissfully ignorant stare on the young mans face actually reminded me of him. I've chuckled all evening just picturing him there.

Bigfoot":36w9kdcp said:
Bright Raven":36w9kdcp said:
ez14.":36w9kdcp said:

The blissfully ignorant stare on the young mans face actually reminded me of him. I've chuckled all evening just picturing him there.

You are beginning to make me wonder if they got the story wrong on This Week with George Stephanopoulosas. I assumed a Senator would have it figured out. It is amusing to think of one of our children in that situation.

Here is another link. If you do nothing else, just read the letter one of the students wrote to Local 12 News. Everything he says in this letter can be verified if anyone would just take time to watch the videos. True, there was a mob mentality but it wasn't the boys.

Also, the drummer told the media he was minding his own business when the boys surrounded him and he could not retreat. Video shows this as BS and I would think make this guy a lying pos.

Only mistake these boys made was wearing Trump hats and forgetting that tolerance is only exercised by conservatives.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... l-facebook

Bigfoot":1rf56r9h said:
Bright Raven":1rf56r9h said:
ez14.":1rf56r9h said:

Being closer in age to him then probably anyone else on this thread I will say I usually smile as a natural reaction to uncomfortable situations and I would probably have a very similar look on my face

Jogeephus":2qdu4slm said:
Its amazing how the same people keep showing up in the news offended over something. Its almost as if ……

Bestoutwest":2qdu4slm said:
Jogeephus":2qdu4slm said:
This ain't this injun's first rodeo and he's been in the news before for doing the same. This is his way of getting his 15 minutes of fame like Elizabeth.

http://www.informationliberation.com/?i ... d4Jot1YnPk

Injun? Seriously?

That's how Disney spells it and if you can't trust Disney then who can you trust?

You need to watch Bigfoot's video on excuses. This one's pretty weak.

Its just words. Sooner or later folks have to wake up and realize they have the choice to give the words power over them or let the words fall off of them like dry leaves or ash. And i have NA blood coursing through my veins. Others words and thoughts do not have power over me because I do not allow them to or choose to be offended.

Status
Not open for further replies.