Indiana alcohol laws

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1":blvof5zk said:
M-5":blvof5zk said:
skyhightree1":blvof5zk said:
My thoughts on alcohol are if you are old enough to fight and die for your country why should you be deprived of being able to have a drink ?

I could agree with that if they show their military ID to purchase it . If not it should be 25yrs old ! most 18 yr olds cant match their own socks much less be responsible under the influence

But uncle sam will gladly take a 18 year old and put them in charge of many folks lives and in millions of dollars of equipment. All im saying is if 18 is the age you have to register for the draft and you can lose your life for your country how can you tell someone they can't have a drink ?

Again Military should be allowed but the other 90% are not capable of making that decision and registering for civil service does not constitute serving in the military. We been thru 3 wars since the last draft happened so its not likely to happen anytime soon.

I think it was in Georgia about 10 years ago... couldn't buy a beer at the Applebees on a sunday, but I could walk across the street (the next county) and get sloshed..

Then I was in Texas, I think it was in DFW or something and I wanted to get a 6 pack of beer.. had to be 21 to buy it... no problem, I was 30, but I had to show a TEXAS drivers license to buy it.. passport or anything else wouldn't do.. don't know if it was just a retarded clerk or actual law, but it sure miffed me.. Had no problem buying beer in a bar.

Living in WI makes the laws in this whole thread seem weird. We have the most relaxed alcohol laws in the union. I think we regulate our dairy industry more! In fact, first offense DWI (OWI other places) is only a traffic offense....it doesn't become a criminal act for which you will sit time in jail until your second offense. Not saying its right or wrong, just noting our state's approach to alcohol...

Here you can-
order pretty much whatever you want at a bar, buy a bottle at the bar and take it home with you (unopened), buy cold beer and liquor at the gas station and grocery stores, drink under 21 legally at the bar if accompanied by a parent, buy booze on Sundays, ect.
You can NOT-
drink alcohol walking down the street (in public they call it), bring your own booze into a place that serves it, or sell from an unlabeled container. Last call is at 2am. And finally, it is considered boot legging if you transport more than 12 bottles of of New Glarus beer at a time across the state line!

Boot Jack Bulls":3dkspk7k said:
Living in WI makes the laws in this whole thread seem weird. We have the most relaxed alcohol laws in the union. I think we regulate our dairy industry more! In fact, first offense DWI (OWI other places) is only a traffic offense....it doesn't become a criminal act for which you will sit time in jail until your second offense. Not saying its right or wrong, just noting our state's approach to alcohol...

Here you can-
order pretty much whatever you want at a bar, buy a bottle at the bar and take it home with you (unopened), buy cold beer and liquor at the gas station and grocery stores, drink under 21 legally at the bar if accompanied by a parent, buy booze on Sundays, ect.
You can NOT-
drink alcohol walking down the street (in public they call it), bring your own booze into a place that serves it, or sell from an unlabeled container. Last call is at 2am. And finally, it is considered boot legging if you transport more than 12 bottles of of New Glarus beer at a time across the state line!

I wish somebody would bring me some Spotted Cow. I drank way to many of them the week I spent in the Dells a couple of years ago but sure learned to like them.

MO is pretty relaxed as well with the majority of what you typed above being the same.

skyhightree1":257z3kmd said:
My thoughts on alcohol are if you are old enough to fight and die for your country why should you be deprived of being able to have a drink ?

We all know how easy it is for high school aged kids to procure alcohol, but it would become exponentially easier. I think that has a lot to do with it, but 18 year olds are idiots. I remember myself and the rule was it wasn't a party unless I was puking. Seriously. I don't think that I would have been able to handle it if I had been able to buy it. By having to rely on friends it made it more difficult, and therefore, less of a thing.

I guess I'm the weird one. I never saw anyone drunk or heard about any drunk stories that made me feel like I was missing out in life by not drinking.
My kids are the same way. My 18 year old daughter asked me the other day why anyone would want to do drugs or drink.

I think if you are old enough to vote you should be able to buy alcohol. Not saying I'd be be against raising the voting age to an age where the person would be mature enough to make wise choices but it just seems silly to me to think someone is too immature to buy alcohol yet think they are mature enough to vote.

cow pollinater":s7pkkqir said:
I wish I had an answer for you but I live in a dry county in OK. Dying of thirst is a real threat here. Did you know that coors makes bottled water? It looks like a regular beer and even has some hop flavor to it.
Welcome to Oklahoma. If you consider the 3.2 law, the entire state is dry. I really do live in a DRY county, surrounded by dry counties........except for Oklahoma which is my neighbor. I grew up drinking that flavored. I didn't know what beer was until I graduated and started traveling.

Jogeephus":2jnxql9w said:
Take our lottery. They promised us if we passed legalized gambling our college tuition would go down because the lottery money would pay to educate our kids. Tuition has increased nearly every year. They also promised they wouldn't advertise if passed but that's all they do now is advertise.

Jo,
Louisiana promised us the same thing. All the profits would go to Education.
Educated you, didn't it?

We learn and forget, and they count on it.

TexasBred":2slju34g said:
HDRider":2slju34g said:
I hate living in a dry county. It is dry only because of money and politics. Come to think of it, don't those two words mean the same thing?
Down here they're dry because of the baptist. But go to the liquor store in the next county and you'll see half the members of the baptist church. Go to the county line for liquor......go to the state line to gamble.
Kinda the same here. The guys that own the liquor stores on bordering counties fund keeping dry and use the churches for their mouth piece.

bbirder":j8ge6fi6 said:
Jo,
Louisiana promised us the same thing. All the profits would go to Education.
Educated you, didn't it?

We learn and forget, and they count on it.

Isn't that the truth. I think the lottery is the worst thing our state ever did and view it as exploitation of the poor.

Ouachita":1yxw7qzv said:
cow pollinater":1yxw7qzv said:
I wish I had an answer for you but I live in a dry county in OK. Dying of thirst is a real threat here. Did you know that coors makes bottled water? It looks like a regular beer and even has some hop flavor to it.
Welcome to Oklahoma. If you consider the 3.2 law, the entire state is dry. I really do live in a DRY county, surrounded by dry counties........except for Oklahoma which is my neighbor. I grew up drinking that flavored. I didn't know what beer was until I graduated and started traveling.
Spent the night in Ft. Smith years ago. Ft. Smith was wet and convenience stores were full of beer but it was Sunday and selling it was illegal. Went across the bridge into Oklahoma and there was a liquor store just on their side that was huge. Must have been a hundred cars there and almost all had Arkansas license plates. :lol:

Latest posts