Incomplete

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
This is a gift I received from a friend. Its made by Gary Footman at Bigfootleather in West Sussex. The design is Celtic and has a meaning of reciprocity of existence which is appropriate since I plan on returning some game back to dust with whatever I attach to it. But its obvious it is lacking at the moment but over the next couple of months I'll be working toward completing this picture.

19919_1471472126484015_5184364146086256776_n.jpg

Looks like a quality piece. Can't wait to see it in the next picture, when it is more complete.

That'd be nice but I don't know how that would fit on the sling. Of course, I'm sure if I had one Bigfoot could fix me up with a nice holster and belt. I think a skeleton or a black widow in its holster would be pretty cool. That way, I'd at least look cool as I miss with the pistola. :lol2:

Ahh, I thought it was a belt when I first looked at it. I am with you on a handgun. The last coyote that I shot at with my Blackhawk stopped at 75 yards after the 4th shot, and looked at me as I fired the last two shots. I swear it was laughing at as he walked off.

Yeah, when Texasbred is talking about someone shooting innocents in a movie theater he's referring to me. Of course I wouldn't be pulling the trigger less I could John Wilkes Booth the nut case. :oops: :lol2:

Jogeephus":3fsqyxig said:
Yeah, when Texasbred is talking about someone shooting innocents in a movie theater he's referring to me. Of course I wouldn't be pulling the trigger less I could John Wilkes Booth the nut case. :oops: :lol2:
Now wait a minute. I did not call any names. BTW I thought that was part of a set of suspenders. :lol: :lol2: :hide:

You stepped on my toes all the same. Just cause I can't shoot a pistol don't make me a bad person. Can't understand why I can't hit the broad side of a barn because I hold it just like it comes out the box. Can't help but wonder if the sights are put on wrong. ;-)

I'm now at the point I can at least club someone but a long way from smelling cordite.

Its the long overdue .308. I've wanted one..... um NEEDED one..... for some time. Hope to have it finished by September.

Jogeephus":2t4phn9z said:
You stepped on my toes all the same. Just cause I can't shoot a pistol don't make me a bad person. Can't understand why I can't hit the broad side of a barn because I hold it just like it comes out the box. Can't help but wonder if the sights are put on wrong. ;-)

I'm now at the point I can at least club someone but a long way from smelling cordite.

I have seemed to notice people that can shoot a shotgun really well seem to be very good with a pistol.
You scary guys at long range with a rifle seem to be much safer with a pistol.
I know this isn't ironclad just an observation through the years.

Caustic Burno":3cuk4stl said:
Jogeephus":3cuk4stl said:

I have seemed to notice people that can shoot a shotgun really well seem to be very good with a pistol.

I think you nailed it CB, for me anyway. With a rifle for the most part if I can see it I can hit it. A shotgun is a different story. Every summer I call me in a few crows to kill a couple to hang up in the corn patch. Most bird hunters go by shots per bird, I go by boxes per bird. :hide: I beleive I am worse with a shotgun than a handgun.

hillbilly beef man":3qp6hu7a said:

I think you nailed it CB, for me anyway. With a rifle for the most part if I can see it I can hit it. A shotgun is a different story. Every summer I call me in a few crows to kill a couple to hang up in the corn patch. Most bird hunters go by shots per bird, I go by boxes per bird. :hide: I beleive I am worse with a shotgun than a handgun.

Hillbilly drop in at ol' CB's place sometimes. He'll take you hummingbird hunting with a pistol. ;-) :mrgreen:

Caustic Burno":2u5kixmr said:

I must be the exception because I can miss with anything. :oops: :lol2:

TexasBred":1lzdsptq said:
hillbilly beef man":1lzdsptq said:

Hillbilly drop in at ol' CB's place sometimes. He'll take you hummingbird hunting with a pistol. ;-) :mrgreen:

As long as his hummingbirds are the size of a C-130 I could probably do it.

[/quote]

I think you nailed it CB, for me anyway. With a rifle for the most part if I can see it I can hit it. A shotgun is a different story. Every summer I call me in a few crows to kill a couple to hang up in the corn patch. Most bird hunters go by shots per bird, I go by boxes per bird. :hide: I beleive I am worse with a shotgun than a handgun.[/quote]

With a shotgun get the freezer paper out, with a rifle I need it to stand still and no farther than a hundred yards.
I have taken deer farther with a rifle figured they committed suicide and ran into the path of the bullet.

I consider myself to be an above average rifle shot and I am pretty decent with a pistol probably because I shoot allot. I am a horrible shotgunner. I can hit a running rabbit easier with a .22 rifle than I can a shotgun (not that I do that feat all of the time). Back about 20 years ago I used to hunt pheasant. I found that I could actually hit them much easier than I could clay pigeons. Those pheasants started out slow so if I was quick on the shoot I had a chance.....once they got any speed I had zero hope of connecting. Doves.......I can't hit doves so I quit trying a few years ago.

Latest posts