Incompetence

Help Support CattleToday:

A couple months ago we were at a hunting expo and a guy had a booth selling a subscription for a hunting magazine. He was an older guy and myself, a buddy, and our kids all walked up.

I purposely stopped to show the kids and look myself. I actually thought about buying a subscription for my son.

The guy proceeds to rant... yall (what ever young reference he could come up with) this... yall that... yal don't know about magazines. Blah Blah Blah. I'm 36 my buddy is 42ish... we know what a dang magazine is. He proceeds to ask... where do yaml get most your information from... I answer honestly... article or forums or places like that on the enet. He starts up again... see, there is the problem with kids today... blah blah blah. I have a 17 year old... I don't think I'm considered a kid. My buddy have 4 kids so...

Finally he stares at me in dramatic fashion (a couple others have accumulated around us), pauses, and says... tell me how you know what you are reading on the internet is even true... amd starts laughing.

I glance at my buddy and he has the.. get his azz look on his face. I look back dead in that old farts eyes... pause for dramatic effect and say... common sense (sarcastically). It doesn't matter if it's on paper or on a screen if you don't apply some common sense and look for multiple sources you don't have any thing.

He just got quiet and turned to some other people and started talking. I stayed right there looking at him. When they finally stopped talking he looked back at me and I said, I still want to get 2 subscriptions to your magazine. He puckered up and started kissing our butts as I filled out the form and handed him that cash.

I feel for the guy because things are changing on him, as they are for all of us, but his attitude is not going to help any one. There were two adults and 4 impressionable kids who walked up to him, gave him the opportunity to turn the tide and promote a dieing art, and what did he do... he screwed it up.... even hammered more nails in that coffin. The 36 year old had to be the adult in the conversation and make sure the kids got exposed to the magazine... not the guy writing it.

There is some incompetence...
You are a patient man Brute.

Ken

I once dated a high school math teacher. I revealed that math sometimes gave me trouble (I almost flunked algebra).
Her reply:
"Why? Math is so easy...it only works one way!"
I had no trouble with algebra in college, but calculus was over my head. I have a cousin that taught math at Colorado State University. I was not in one of her classes, but was in one of her friend's calculus classes; she kept tabs on me though. Good thing I passed it by the skin of my teeth.

I once dated a high school math teacher. I revealed that math sometimes gave me trouble (I almost flunked algebra).
Her reply:
"Why? Math is so easy...it only works one way!"
As opposed to women who change the rules every time we think we've learned them. Did I convey enough confusion and doubt in that sentence?

I had no trouble with algebra in college, but calculus was over my head. I have a cousin that taught math at Colorado State University. I was not in one of her classes, but was in one of her friend's calculus classes; she kept tabs on me though. Good thing I passed it by the skin of my teeth.
I never took a math class in college... but I got a B in calculus anyway. There was a guy with my name, first, last, and middle, and spelled the same, going to Utah State at the same time as I was, and somehow they gave me his credits in calculus. They tried to give me his football scholarship too. At the time I weighed a buck fifty... so definitely not a football player.

Latest posts