In the news -- If cut and paste offends you, don't read!

Help Support CattleToday:

LCCattle

Reaction score
In the news
If cut and paste offends you, don't read!

HOUSTON,Miss. (WTVA) --The Houston board of aldermen approve to apply for USDA rural grant Tuesday. The funding would assist in purchasing reliable police vehicles and equipments for the Houston police department.
http://www.wtva.com/news/Houston_to_app ... grant.html

Jeff and Angie White, who are brother and sister, had been looking to buy a home for about 10 years. A couple of years ago, they finally took the steps needed to get qualified under what turned out to be the best program for them: the home loan program offered through USDA Rural Development.
http://www.newtondailynews.com/2016/06/ ... m/ayijxxd/

SNAP changes could impact convenience stores
News-Press Now
The USDA is working to push for stricter guidelines on stores that accept these food stamp benefits. That could impact local convenience stores
http://www.newspressnow.com/news/local_ ... f2e40.html

It was raining again today, guess you could say my cup runneth over, but I will call it a blessing. Got one semi load with beans, but it took longer then normal because I had to scoop enough to get the sweep in. Once I got the sweep in, it didn't take no time at all. Went to the hog barn after that and took rope sample, in order to make sure they are clean for Fridays load out. After that I went home for lunch, and helped my sister get the sheep shears working again. After lunch I stripped down all four sets of clippers and shears, and got them all cleaned, oiled, and the head gear greased. Later I received a call from the trucking company dispatch saying that no more trucks for today since more rain was coming. So instead I went in and did some "work" on the pc. This evening I made a double batch of feed for the show calves. The corn was dry and making lots of fines, so I had to mix in a few extra pounds of sweet molasses. Should make them happy. Just came in from outside, and getting ready to take my shower.
Been a good day, and I sure hope the Lord blesses me with many more like it.

sim.-ang.king":1appy56s said:
It was raining again today, guess you could say my cup runneth over, but I will call it a blessing. Got one semi load with beans, but it took longer then normal because I had to scoop enough to get the sweep in. Once I got the sweep in, it didn't take no time at all. Went to the hog barn after that and took rope sample, in order to make sure they are clean for Fridays load out. After that I went home for lunch, and helped my sister get the sheep shears working again. After lunch I stripped down all four sets of clippers and shears, and got them all cleaned, oiled, and the head gear greased. Later I received a call from the trucking company dispatch saying that no more trucks for today since more rain was coming. So instead I went in and did some "work" on the pc. This evening I made a double batch of feed for the show calves. The corn was dry and making lots of fines, so I had to mix in a few extra pounds of sweet molasses. Should make them happy. Just came in from outside, and getting ready to take my shower.

Good post. Sounds like a good day. Thanks for putting this thread in perspective.

Ireland secures access to US manufacturing beef market
Ireland has secured improved access for Irish beef to the US market, with the decision of authorities there to recognise Ireland's raw meat control system as equivalent to that of the US.
The announcement means that in principle, this extends access to include manufacturing beef intended for grinding which is typically used in burgers and similar processed products. Ireland is the first EU Member State to achieve this status.

https://www.agriland.ie/farming-news/ir ... ef-market/

sim.-ang.king":2sv0o8it said:
Went to the hog barn after that and took rope sample, in order to make sure they are clean for Fridays load out.

A term I'm not familiar with...what is it?

sim.-ang.king":14n667d7 said:

Sounds like a good day on the farm sim-ang.

greybeard":flbgnyr1 said:
sim.-ang.king":flbgnyr1 said:
Went to the hog barn after that and took rope sample, in order to make sure they are clean for Fridays load out.

Use cotton ropes to collect saliva from pigs. Best way to test for PRRS, and PEDv.

sim.-ang.king":2mr1ggs8 said:
greybeard":2mr1ggs8 said:
sim.-ang.king":2mr1ggs8 said:

Use cotton ropes to collect saliva from pigs. Best way to test for PRRS, and PEDv.
Thank you.

TennesseeTuxedo":rahr09n0 said:
I'm a mortgage lender by trade. I make a ton of USDA backed zero down loans. It's a great program that will get even better October 1st of this year.

What's your point Mr. Cummings/Sir Loin?

What changes are they making TT? I'm a lender too but our bank only does a couple a year. Mostly in-house conventional loans fill up my day.

NORTHFIELD, Minn.--(BUSINESS WIRE )
Burnsville-based Valley Natural Foods today announced it will open Valley Natural Meats, Inc., a $2 million wholesale meat processing plant in Northfield, Minn. Valley Natural Foods acquired 16 acres of land, including a building that will be retrofitted to meet the growing demand of livestock producers and serve the needs of family farms in 10 Southern Minnesota counties.
Snip
"Our new processing facility will be different from most smaller, niche plants in that it will process naturally and humanely raised, grass and organic-grain fed, locally produced meats, and will be one of a few certified, organic multi-species beef and meat processors in the entire state," said Jason Harstad,

USDA sells out Americans
The Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) is coming up for a vote in Congress, and recently the International Trade Commission released a report forecasting that TPP will boost U.S. agricultural output by some $10 billion each year by 2032.  In his final State of the Union speech in January the President noted that TPP will cut 18,000 taxes on American-made products and add jobs. The President also emphasized that it's time to solidify our relationship with former adversaries and boost economic ties.
http://blogs.usda.gov/2016/06/24/ripe-f ... it-happen/

Grass – fed propaganda.

Grass-fed, locally-grown beef is something that should not stay in the realm of "kinda obscure, not for everyone." It deserves to find a wider audience. Flip Side's cattle is raised in southwestern Ohio, grass-fed for its whole life. That's impressive. Letting cattle eat what nature intended instead of giving them corn in a feedlot and dosing them with antibiotics to make them grow fast is much harder to get to the public on a large scale than, say, barnwood walls. Besides having clear environmental benefits, grass-fed beef can be delicious (if raised well) and is healthier, leaner, more nutritious, "cleaner."
http://www.cincinnati.com/story/enterta ... /86720918/

sim.-ang.king":2jxb3p2h said:

Still the best post on this thread.

tater74":18p1756x said:
Last night on the 3rd base line watching the Astros and Mariners.

I was watching it from my recliner until the Mariners tied it at 7, and then went to bed. It turned out to be a nice win for the Astros.

Latest posts