Imbalancer potential?

Help Support CattleToday:

john250

Reaction score
I went to my favorite bull sale this evening, and it left me with a question?
I left before all the bulls sold, but the high price of the evening landed on a bull who calmly eyed the wooden gate in front of him, calculated the needed lift to get his front feet on the top 2*6 and proceeded to execute the move flawlessly. The bid was $6 K when he crashed the gate. He attracted several more bids after he left the arena, finishing at $7700.
I have read more than one article saying cattlemen cull mostly for temperment. That doesn't seem true, based on what I heard and saw.

I have seen this several times. A bull will be going pretty good and then he goes a little loco and the bidding escalates. Go figure?

john250":89z6ktzr said:
I left before all the bulls sold, but the high price of the evening landed on a bull who calmly eyed the wooden gate in front of him, calculated the needed lift to get his front feet on the top 2*6 and proceeded to execute the move flawlessly. The bid was $6 K when he crashed the gate. He attracted several more bids after he left the arena, finishing at $7700.
I have read more than one article saying cattlemen cull mostly for temperment. That doesn't seem true, based on what I heard and saw.
What did he do after he cleared the gate? To me that would be temperment.

TexasBred":17nlzf2x said:
john250":17nlzf2x said:
What did he do after he cleared the gate? To me that would be temperment.

TB, that probably accounts for the increasing money. I couldn't see in back, but I didn't hear any more wood crunching. He was antsy in the ring but not crazy. He just wanted out. Still...

I think you probably were right when you said he "was" pretty calm. I've seen lots of animals, that in a pasture setting, are calm as kittens. Then they are prodded onto a trailer, taken to unfamiliar settings, then prodded into the sale ring. Some are bound to go a little "ape."

Maybe the buyer wants to start raising these

wyvern_15966513.jpg

Latest posts