Images

Help Support CattleToday:

icandoit

Reaction score
I know this question has nothing to do with anything discussed on this board but I need a computer guru to step up and help.

Question: All my images on my computer are washed out, blurry, like a drunk looking at something at 2:00 in the morning after a long night of drinking. It doesn't matter if I use IE or Mozilla Firefox. They just look crappy. Any suggestions as to what this might be? Any, and I mean any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Dick

icandoit":2b4u8lfe said:
I know this question has nothing to do with anything discussed on this board but I need a computer guru to step up and help.

Question: All my images on my computer are washed out, blurry, like a drunk looking at something at 2:00 in the morning after a long night of drinking. It doesn't matter if I use IE or Mozilla Firefox. They just look crappy. Any suggestions as to what this might be? Any, and I mean any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Dick

Does this only happen when viewing from the WEB or does it exhibit the same when viewing from the local disk on your PC? Could be as simple as your monitor is going bad.

Could be a whole bunch of things.... Monitor, video card, video card drivers, monitor drivers.... need more info, when does it look blurry, all the time?

It only happens when viewing from the web. The monitor is brand new. When drinking, I can't even turn computer on looking out one eyeball. Where can I go to get new video drivers?

Thanks
Dick

icandoit":3khn5xsi said:
It only happens when viewing from the web. The monitor is brand new. When drinking, I can't even turn computer on looking out one eyeball. Where can I go to get new video drivers?

Thanks
Dick

Do you have some type of web accelerator intalled? Many of these reduce the resolution of images to speed up page displays. They have an option to view at full resolution.

It won't be the drivers if you ca view local (non-web) pictures ok. Check the previous response out.

True, if it's only on the internet that images are blurry then it has to be some setting or something to do with your ISP. What ISP are you using? Most offer a web accelerator, I know PeoplePC, EV1, and Earthlink for example do.

Thanks for all the replys. I do have a web accelerator and that was the problem. I increased my image quality from good to original and that solved the problem.

Thanks Again
Dick