I'm a little bit nervous...

Help Support CattleToday:

dun

Reaction score
Frequently when they go from looking fat as a tick to looking thinner it's because the calf has rotated into the delivery position. Genenrally you cna expect a calf within a day or 2 when that happens. Remember this is all general information. Cowsd have the knack of making fools out of us.

D&C- I am in the same boat... Heifers will fool you every time. I had one 2 weeks ago that bagged up really nice and 2 days later had a 55 lb. heifer calf. I fed and checked last night and had another heifer looking a little loose, but not much of a bag, so I figured she was getting close, ie: a week or 2 to go. I went out and fed this morning and there was a brand new bull calf laying there in the snow and muck. Her momma was looking at me like-uh duh I was really close... :shock: I do have to say they are keepers. Both heifers had the calves unassisted... My kind of heifers! :D Good luck and keep us updated!

I will agree with dun and BDM.
But just in case, if you see any kind of discharge, let us know when and what it looks like.
Now stop pacing the flood and let nature take it's course.
Liz

if she is not acting like she feels good & not eating she could have a twisted uterus or calf upside down. never seen one quit eating unless something was wrong

Latest posts