I'm a dead man

Help Support CattleToday:

john250

Reaction score
The World Health Org. has released a report that eating meat is as dangerous as smoking cigs, and I've done both...a lot. I can't remember the last meal I had without meat. I'm 65. A little short of breath, but otherwise pretty good. Could it be genetics? My grandad lived to 97. Ate lots of meat. My parents are both 90. Ate lots of meat. Could the WHO be completely off base? Fire up the grill. If it kills you, at least you'll die happy. And well fed. And compared to meat, how many die of starvation?

john250":346qk3cr said:
The World Health Org. has released a report that eating meat is as dangerous as smoking cigs, and I've done both...a lot. I can't remember the last meal I had without meat. I'm 65. A little short of breath, but otherwise pretty good. Could it be genetics? My grandad lived to 97. Ate lots of meat. My parents are both 90. Ate lots of meat. Could the WHO be completely off base? Fire up the grill. If it kills you, at least you'll die happy. And well fed. And compared to meat, how many die of starvation?
Unfortunately it's all true. Bacon, sausage, hog lard and Garret's Sweet Snuff killed by grandmother at exactly 100.....got my grandpa at 90. Got my other grandmother at 94.

In perhaps the greatest affront to American culture ever perpetrated by a foreign entity, the Switzerland-based World Health Organization has released a preposterous report claiming that bacon and other processed meats cause cancer.

According to a WHO press release: "Processed meat was classified as carcinogenic to humans … based on sufficient evidence in humans that the consumption of processed meat causes colorectal cancer."

The study found that each 50-gram portion (you know a study is stupid when it uses the metric system) of processed meat eaten daily increases the risk of colorectal cancer by 18 percent.

The release quoted Kurt Straif, head of the International Agency for Research on Cancer Monographs Programmes: "For an individual the risk of developing colorectal cancer because of their consumption of processed meat remains small, but the risk increases with the amount of meat consumed."

That's a big deal because, as Americans, we enjoy increasing the amount of meat we consume. Especially when said meat has been deliciously processed into strip or tube form.

The study was conducted by a 22-member panel of experts/killjoys from 10 different countries (probably all jealous of America's Spambundance of processed meats) who reviewed hundreds of research reports that found links between processed meat or red meat and various types of cancer.

On behalf of all Americans, allow me to say this: "Shut up, World Health Organization. Shut your stupid, baconless mouth."

Or, as Shalene McNeill, executive director of human nutrition at the National Cattlemen's Beef Association, told the Washington Post: "We simply don't think the evidence supports any causal link between any red meat and any type of cancer."

There you have it — case closed.

Who are you going to trust when it comes to deciding what kind of succulent meat to put next to your cheese-covered eggs or into your soon-to-be-piled-high sandwich? A bunch of international science nerds in the pocket of Big Kale or a true-blue American who works closely with actual, patriotic meat?

Logically, you trust the meat people.

In this case, however, I don't think a strongly worded "Cram it!" is sufficient. America needs to respond swiftly and forcefully to this threat to our way of life/death.

That's why I'm calling on President Barack Obama to invade the World Health Organization and stop this sausage slander in its tracks.

Without a crushing response, Americans will have to endure hate speech like this tweet from the WHO's Twitter account: "Processed meat refers to meat that has been salted, cured, fermented, smoked, other processes to enhance flavour or improve preservation."

WHO THE HELL SPELLS "FLAVOR" WITH A "U"?!?!

My concern, of course, is that Obama is notoriously soft on meat terrorism. So I sent a tweet to the two leading presidential candidates in each party — Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders, Donald Trump and Ben Carson — asking: "As president, will you swear to destroy the WHO for #CrimesAgainstBacon?"

We cannot sit back and let the foreign WHO take our meat. Next thing you know they'll have us eating those gross green things that grow in the ground. Vargtorbles? Vladchibulls? Something communist-sounding like that.

Stay strong, fellow Americans. Those Swiss bastards can have our Slim Jims and defibrillators when they pry them from our cold, dead hands

8)

Heard a Dr. talking about it on the radio today. He said scientist can prove anything they want using this method.

Accordingly, he said water kills people. It can be proven because everyone who drinks water dies! Who does the study, who quantifies the results, who pays for the study? Those who pay, get the results they want.

I'm dead too. Eat lots of meat. Did tobacco for years. Drink a pot of coffee a day. Sprayed herbicides for a living for 15 years. Breathed lots of diesel smoke. Have hi stress job of teaching school. Mid fifties and still going strong.

I had a few pieces of that phony bacon on a plate when I was in the horsepital--dang if that wasn't some nasty lookin stuff. No odor so I didn't have the stomach to try to eat it.

greybeard":3k3i3gyn said:
I had a few pieces of that phony bacon on a plate when I was in the horsepital--dang if that wasn't some nasty lookin stuff. No odor so I didn't have the stomach to try to eat it.
They gave dad some after his heart attack he called it fakin bacon he couldn't eat it

TexasBred":1ga2wh3r said:
john250":1ga2wh3r said:
Unfortunately it's all true. Bacon, sausage, hog lard and Garret's Sweet Snuff killed by grandmother at exactly 100.....got my grandpa at 90. Got my other grandmother at 94.

When Mitch Daniels was Indiana"s governor, he went to a ceremony for two women who were well past 100. His comment was "we may have to rethink lard"!

Nesikep":3lqhm8pq said:
I knew an old guy who just passed away at 97... I think 80 of those years he had a pipe in his mouth.

Since it has been well documented that smoking kills 50% who participate early, I think that it is best not to say this in refferance to red meat consumption.

It is the processed meat that is the real issue here. I wonder if there are any studies done on other non meat processed foods and their risks?

We have been eating red meat for 1000's of years, but only eating highly processed foods for the last 50 to 100 yrs.

There is some evidence to show that grass fed beef has a different composition to grain finished beef, so slow cooked grass fed beef being much better for you than fast cooked grain fed, both being far better than processed meat.

1wlimo":ez6r0kk9 said:
Nesikep":ez6r0kk9 said:
I knew an old guy who just passed away at 97... I think 80 of those years he had a pipe in his mouth.

Since it has been well documented that smoking kills 50% who participate early, I think that it is best not to say this in refferance to red meat consumption.

It is the processed meat that is the real issue here. I wonder if there are any studies done on other non meat processed foods and their risks?

We have been eating red meat for 1000's of years, but only eating highly processed foods for the last 50 to 100 yrs.

There is some evidence to show that grass fed beef has a different composition to grain finished beef, so slow cooked grass fed beef being much better for you than fast cooked grain fed, both being far better than processed meat.

Look at the long list of additives on stuff that comes in cans and boxes (That would be everything in the pantry almost) . I think we all eat more of that than we do processed meats.

They said that secondhand smoke was four times more dangerous than the smoke you pull from the cigarette itself. Assuming this is true then wouldn't beef be four times more nutritious than eating a salad? Assuming this is true then would it not make beef eaters super-vegans? Just wondering.

I'm a full time tobacco farmer part time cow farmer. The WHO is a major pita it's something all the time with them. Let people do and use what they want. They are going to anyway. My great uncle lived on meat and chewing tobacco. Was almost 90 when he died. But never drank anything but water and milk. If Mt. Dew will shine a penny whats it doing to you? Why don't the WHO crawl up the soda industry's butt?

Didn't we cover this ~50 years ago when the vegetarians behind the food pyramid sited false data to lower consumed amounts of protein by Americans? Surely a few vegetarians writing the food guidelines for millions wouldn't sway it toward their own agenda?

The guy who we based millions of children's school lunches on, committed suicide when his diet failed to prevent leukemia. I bet the WHO doesn't quote things like that.

Processed? What SPECIFICALLY is processed? It's a word that sounds kinda bad, but has not exact meaning. Based on their wording alone, I can say that the statistics are biased at best and I suspect completely false. If I'm to believe anything, they better start with some specific compounds/chemicals they believe to be problematic.

Nitrites normally are the go to evil of processed meat, but people seem to over look their presence in vegetables.

It's just sad that there are some people that have nothing better to do than to spend billions of dollars fighting a false battle, when they could be feeding hungry people and filtering dirty water for the thirsty.

Latest posts